Thread: My wife is pregnant...

Blog Entries

My wife is pregnant...

My wonderful wife has been doing my care for the past half-year but is now almost 20 weeks pregnant. The Dr. recently told us she could only continue transferring thru next week.

If you know of someone that might work please let them know ASAP.
    I'm willing to pay $16+/hour for someone with SCI experience. Mon./Wed./Fri. mornings for about 4 hrs. are most important.

Thank You,
    Patrick
    praysteele@yahoo.com
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

How do you transfer? If you are still doing quad pivots, she should not have been doing those even when not pregnant. Get a lift (either ceiling track or floor) and see if her physician won't let her continue to help with this. Even if you need to hire a PCA, it will be easier to recruit if you have a lift. Quad pivots and heavily dependent slide board transfers are dangerous...for anyone.

(KLD)

Where are you in CA?
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Blog Entries
    South Orange County... ?Anyone
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Have you contacted your local ILC to see if they have a list of potential PCAs? Have you put up ads local colleges and universities (esp. those with nursing programs)?

(KLD)

You don't have your PM function turned on surfcat. I put a feeler out to someone I know in that area who may know of people. Long shot, but thought I'd try since I know how impt it is. -- Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager