Thread: Quadriplegic gamers....read here!

Thumbs up Quadriplegic gamers....read here!

I'm C4 complete 10 years post....I always liked video games but for the past 10 years I have only played PC games that require simple mouse movement so I can play with my Headmaster mouse.

Just recently I stumbled upon a mouth operated XBOX 360 controller. Yes, you read that correctly. I couldn't believe it would work, so I checked into it to see if it was too good to be true. I got my 360 and controller for Christmas and it is AWESOME!

I'm pretty good already at Madden, Splinter Cell, College Hoops, and none of my able-bodied friends can touch me at Tiger Woods! I'm amazed, my friends are amazed, and I really recommend this product if you can't use your hands and love games. There are some issues with certain games, but most i have played are very accessible.

You can check it out here, and feel free to ask me any questions.

http://quadcontrol.com

I actually read about this controller some time ago. It's very cool. I don't need it being a C5/6, but called them to see if they had one converted for me, but they don't. Hopefully they will make one soon and I may look into a gaming system. I gave away my Nintendo 64 after my accident. Glad you are enjoying your games.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by quadgolfer

I'm pretty good already at Madden, Splinter Cell, College Hoops, and none of my able-bodied friends can touch me at Tiger Woods! I'm amazed, my friends are amazed, and I really recommend this product if you can't use your hands and love games. There are some issues with certain games, but most i have played are very accessible.

Is that TW07 ? we should play online sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by air ohs
    Is that TW07 ? we should play online sometime.
    Yup! We will....I have to get Live hooked up first.

great just pm me when you do.

X-Arcade joystick

You might also want to try out the X-Arcade joystick. My daughter got a GameCube for Christmas last year and I found this one which will sit in my lap and has big enough buttons to bang on with my knuckles(I'm C4/5). I cut a hole in one of my gloves to go over the joystick and it works well. Well enough that I can beat my daughter and wife on Mario kart. It's adaptable to most all consoles and the price is not too bad. They have them at Frys electronics store or you can order refurbished one online and get 20 bucks off. Here's the link to their website.

http://www.x-arcade.com/solo.shtml