Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Family Members of SCI individuals

Looking for Family Members of SCI individuals

We are looking for spouses, parents or siblings of spinal cord injured individuals to participate in a survey that we are conducting. This information will be used for a thesis that will be used to help and assist other SCI individuals. Please reply to this thread and your help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Bobo1974; 02-05-2007 at 04:37 PM.

bobo, could you give us some idea who you are, what your survey entails, and why you're doing it?

Hi Kate,

This is bobo's mother. My son was in a diving accident 8 years ago and has a level C-4,5,6 injury. I am currently attending the Graduate Institute in Milford, CT pursuing a Masters Degree in Experiential Health & Healing. (Integrative Medicine) I am doing my thesis on the needs of family members following spinal cord injury. My goal is to see what needs are most important to family members, what needs do not seem to be met--short term & long term, and what family members have done in order to have their needs met and achieve wellness. I will be creating a questionnaire and will need participants to help answer these questions. Following my studies, I plan to work at a rehabilitation hospital working with family members of SCI patients helping them to adapt to the situation. Thanks so much for your help.

Sure, I'm in - how do you want to handle getting me the questionaire?

I'm in too

I will particpate as well.
    Kitti

I will participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo1974
    My goal is to see what needs are most important to family members, what needs do not seem to be met--short term & long term, and what family members have done in order to have their needs met and achieve wellness. I will be creating a questionnaire and will need participants to help answer these questions.
    Excellent topic. I'm sure a few people in my family would be happy to participate.

C.

Wow! Thank you all for responding. My mom is finishing the questionaire and I will try to find the easiest way to get the questionaire out to you. It may be as an attachment or maybe I can post it on here. I haven't figured that out yet but thank you all so much. This really is wonderful.

You are not interested in adult children of those with SCI? Many are active caregivers.

(KLD)