Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thirty Below, no heat, no water, no power

Thirty Below, no heat, no water, no power

THis is how my day started. 6:30 this morning. Power was out for 4-5 hours. Went to town, had coffee and breakfast, came home, power and heat back on, no water. Have spent the last 7 hours trying to get water. Pump has lost its prime twice. Checked pipes to see if frozen, dont know what else to do. God I hate this place!!! I am freezing, only good thing is I dont have feeling in legs, butt, and feet to begin with so no loss there. I hope this is fixed soon. No way to clean my catheter, and cant have a BP til we get water back. I dont know what else to do....

Quote Originally Posted by medic1
    THis is how my day started. 6:30 this morning. Power was out for 4-5 hours. Went to town, had coffee and breakfast, came home, power and heat back on, no water. Have spent the last 7 hours trying to get water. Pump has lost its prime twice. Checked pipes to see if frozen, dont know what else to do. God I hate this place!!! I am freezing, only good thing is I dont have feeling in legs, butt, and feet to begin with so no loss there. I hope this is fixed soon. No way to clean my catheter, and cant have a BP til we get water back. I dont know what else to do....
    Guard against frostbite in those parts you don't feel! Hope it warms up soon.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I'd be going to the nearest hotel.

I hate this cold weather

Jack
    "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

That is exactly why we left Buffalo, NY for Georgia! I don't miss that crap at all!!! You have my heartfelt sympathies. I think the hotel idea is a good one.

Ok. All good for now. I am hoping that the pump stays. Points were stuck and prime had went for the third time. Temp is continuing to drop but for now I have power, heat, and finally water.

brutal! Its cold in MA, not that cold, 14, -3w/ windchill, but cold enough for me to want to move to the southwest next winter!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I feel for ya folks. I used to live in WV. My winters were to long and my Summers to short. I don't miss it. hope I never see a snow shovel or ice scraper. Stay warm.
    Jerry

Everything is closed up here today. Everything but University!! even some of my professors have cancelled. It is cold and unrelenting. I am thankful, however, that I continue to have power, heat, and water so far today.

Glad your doing okay sarah stay warm anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

But you got ME!