Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iran Introduces Revolutionary Innovation in Repairing Cord Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    Ahma-dinner jacket is an interesting character- He wants to annhilate Israel, yet he wants to cure SCI.

“Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.”
    ~ William Shakespeare (The Tempest)

It is spoken by a man who has been shipwrecked and finds himself seeking shelter beside a sleeping monster.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." -My Marine Corps boot camp drill instructor
    BTW Tufelhunden,

I love that quote in your signature. Anything to give pain some value and meaning. Only problem with it is, I must have an endless amount of weakness to rid!

Chris

Ahma-dinner jacket is an interesting character- He wants to annhilate Israel, yet he wants to cure SCI.
    Both Israel and Iran want to cure SCI and their doctors are working faster on it than they do here in the US and even China.

I'm still hopeful that we hear some more from Singapore.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Quote Originally Posted by cljanney
    BTW Tufelhunden,

I love that quote in your signature. Anything to give pain some value and meaning. Only problem with it is, I must have an endless amount of weakness to rid!
    Oh Jeez, CLJ, I didn't even think about that before I posted this new signature. It should probably read: "Pain excluding neuro pain is weakness leaving the body."
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Quote Originally Posted by cljanney
    “Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.”
    ~ William Shakespeare (The Tempest)

It is spoken by a man who has been shipwrecked and finds himself seeking shelter beside a sleeping monster.

Chris
    I find this interesting because some individuals over in the Politics forum equate Ahmadinejad as an individual who has absolutely no regard for human well-being, but according to this thread put SCI up there as one of the many ailments he wants Iran to work towards excising. So there are three forces at work here: Either the American media has irrationally demonized Dinner-Jacket, or he equates Israelis and everyone associated with them as satans (including us), or he was just saying he wanted to wipe them off of the face of the Earth to win approval from some of his fanatics, but won't really do it.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

I find this interesting because some individuals over in the Politics forum equate Ahmadinejad as an individual who has absolutely no regard for human well-being, but according to this thread put SCI up there as one of the many ailments he wants Iran to work towards excising. So there are three forces at work here: Either the American media has irrationally demonized Dinner-Jacket, or he equates Israelis and everyone associated with them as satans (including us), or he was just saying he wanted to wipe them off of the face of the Earth to win approval from some of his fanatics, but won't really do it.
    He's trying to intimidate Bush and Isreali terrorists. In that part
    of the world, intimidation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier
    He's trying to intimidate Bush and Isreali terrorists. In that part
    of the world, intimidation is everything.
    Point taken, but intimidation seems to work well for many parts of the world.

From my Iranian physician friend (who does not want to be identified):

They have worked for years to grow Schwan cells and then have injected it into cord in mouse. Then they did this on humans. Unfortunately the rehab is not proper yet. If there is any improvement, without rehab, it will be lost. There are not specialty SCI rehab centers or beds anywhere in Iran. I hope that we can develop these so that with appropriate rehab they can improve lives of SCIs.

I also believe that Iranians put high importance on scientific advancements. Sometimes this is politically motivated.
    (KLD)

KLD, rehabilitation in the US sucks big time.

They are poorly equipped and mainly focus on transfer teaching, which isn't even an option for many quads.

If rehab was so good in the US we wouldn't need places like Project Walk.

I have better equipment at home than the Health South Rehab hospital had in Sarasote FL in 1997.

Besides the physical therapists, though friendly, have no clue how to rehab neurological conditions.

Give them a knee replacement or hip replacement patient and they are in their comfort zone.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Quote Originally Posted by Faye

Besides the physical therapists, though friendly, have no clue how to rehab neurological conditions.

Give them a knee replacement or hip replacement patient and they are in their comfort zone.
    Quote of the day...

Hi all Iran sceptics , check this out. Btw. Are we all looking for a cure? Is it important which country will have a cure?

Dr Wise, Please comment this article.
    Ab alio exspectes, alteri quod feceris.