Thread: Hand control

Hand control

Man. We pay such a high premium for the products we use and consume and get such crappy quality. A couple of days back I was getting out of my car and my knee (with pants) rubbed against an edge of the hand control and scratched my knee. It is inconceivable how they can let such a sharp edge be right where one rests the knee and so much in the way when getting out in a product used almost exclusively by the sci community. It is a small sctacth, no big deal. But the manufacturers should at least round the edges, how much can that be??
    Last edited by paramoto; 02-03-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    Man. We pay such a high premium for the products we use and consume and get such crappy quality. A couple of days back I was getting out of my car and my knee (with pants) rubbed against an edge of the hand control and scratched my knee. It is inconceivable how they can let such a sharp edge be right where one rests the knee and so much in the way when getting out in a product used almost exclusively by the sci community. It is a small sctacth, no big deal. But the manufacturers should at least round the edges, how much can that be??
    Sue em and/or take a file to the offending edge and/or wrap a piece of duck tape around it.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Jajajajaja. Are you kidding dude? I'm not gonna sue them for a scratch. But it is a sad day when we have to resort to sticking duck tape on a poorly designed and manufactured product that we use day in and day out. It sucks, but unless I want new knees.......

I paid 800 bucks for that thing.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Sue em and/or take a file to the offending edge and/or wrap a piece of duck tape around it.

I'm sure you mean DUCT Tape right Jukie? DUCK BRAND Tape is VERY ambiguous as to which TYPE of tape you are suggesting he use...

I PERSONALLY would use Gaffer's tape as it is much more durable and leaves less glue residue...of course I'm a theatre techie and therefore am a Gaff tape snob...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    I'm sure you mean DUCT Tape right Jukie? DUCK BRAND Tape is VERY ambiguous as to which TYPE of tape you are suggesting he use...

I PERSONALLY would use Gaffer's tape as it is much more durable and leaves less glue residue...of course I'm a theatre techie and therefore am a Gaff tape snob...
    It looks like paramoto and me use DUCK tape. You and all theater snobs can use whatever you want; who the hell's got gaff tape available anyway but you & your crew? And may I make a suggestion about how you can use it.

Paramoto, why not sue for a cut, isn't this America, land of the terrorist terrified, home of the litigious?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane