Thread: I got something new.....

Proud mom of a US Marine Sgt., Camp Lejeune, NC

I got something new.....

I've had this off and on for a few weeks but now it happens more often.
    I find at night when I lay on one side or the other I have a real bad burning pains in my hip that wakes me up.
    When I go to bed i usually stay in the same position all night, and it doesn't happen during the day, just the usual spasms.
    I mentioned it to my Neuro yesterday but he didn't really say anything and just increased my Morphine (60mg) to 3 a day.
    Is this just a pressure thing going on?
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

how do you normally sleep at night as in what position is your body in?what is the extent of your injury/s?Marcia

I usually sleep flat on my back, but allot of times when I can't get to sleep I lie on my side (legs kinda offset). I sleep on our couch because it's too hard to get into bed and it makes my upper back hurt too bad anyway.

I am an L4 - S1 incomplete, from a fall down a flight of icy concrete steps, and have progressing Radiculopathy at L2/L3.
    I have some function and a little feeling in my hips so I can stand with support, but no feeling from there down.

I also discovered today that my Monarch Sling surgery I had last Aug. is failing so the incontinence problem is starting to come back. (dam-it-to-he77 ) He told me he wasn't sure on how long it would last.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with L2/L3 after scanning the net.
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

when was your last MRI done on that area and did it show any actual progression?do you have other things going on in that or any other low back(or upper for that matter) other than the cord injury itself,like a bulge or herniation or osteophytes(bone spurs?)or is this all stemming the actual cord injury itself?did you also suffer any fractures,or other structural/mechanical damage?

i am just wondering becaue besides the damage to my cord at the c7-t 1 level i also have a real mess just in the c spne area alone,alot of other crap that is also contributing to my overall pain and radiculopathy.when you have both,things can get a bit ugly,as if having the cord injury alone isn't bad enough.just what is your incontinence problem like,just urgency or actual accidents as in not being able to keep it from happening?i have both,espescially at night.just some questions that could narrow things down some.marcia

It's been a few years but they found the Radiculopathy during my EMG last year.
    When I fell I fractured my tail bone severly and compressed everything else from there up. (I bounced all the way down ON my butt, Wisconsin and that lovely black ice we all know about)
    The disks from L4 down ruptured and that was all she wrote.
    I suppose it is progressing from the results of the EMG, I was told in the past it most likely would.

As far as anything new I haven't really noticed anything.
    If I sleep in our bed I wake up with such a pain in my back between my shoulder blades I can even breath or move. But I haven't had a recent x-rays or MRI's on my upper back.

My incontinence is mostly accidents. I empty my bladder on a regular schedule like I was told, so urgency isn't a problem unless I'm away from home. I do have trouble with my bowels tho, as far as getting them to move, so I'm on Amitiza for that.