Thread: I havent washed my clothes in 4 years, man do I stink

I havent washed my clothes in 4 years, man do I stink

Ok, maybe I didnt stink too bad, but today was the first time in over 4 years I operated a washing machine. Quite interesting and fun, definately beats the old method of having to deal with the antithesis of June Cleaver for laundry. My clothes dont vanish for weeks in the neathereaches of the basement either, I think they are happier too.

I got the plumbing and electrical all finished up in that spare room, and got a pair of some spiffy hot rod laundry cleaning devices. These things hold a ton, and I think the drier has a thermonuclear reactor in it as it dried something that would come out damp after 45 minutes in the coin-op's I have downstairs in 30 minutes nice and dry. If you are shopping for a new washer and drier...I can recommend them.

Congrats on doing your own laundry/having a brand new laundry room ....HOWEVER I hafta say you should've gone with Whirlpool's Duet front load washer SO MUCH nicer to get your laundry outta the front of a washer instead of the top besides it's environmentally friendly b/c it uses less H20 and electricity and you need less detergent and use a low-sudsing one... BUT that's just my opinion and you know what they say about those....LOL... HEY, at least ya went with spiffy fancy Whirpool appliances
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Funny you should mention the Duet, I was looking at those also. But these Cabrio's hold a cubic foot more on the washer side than the Duet at a lower price. I think the Duet has a bigger version, but that is like 1300 for the washer alone. I'm pretty high up with gorilla arms so a top loader is fine for me. I get to buy HE detergent too, and be environmentally friendly also with this one with the fancy energy saver stuff.

yeah, yeah, yeah....just rub in that I'm a short shit with short arms....LOL....and that stand and balance thing to throw clothes from washer to dryer isn't a pretty sight.....YIKES! Can't complain 'bout an extra cubic foot for less money and the HE detergent is great too! BTW, COSTCO's brand ROCKS! and is CHEAP!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I'm jealous. I had the washing machine repair guy out today, which means we're on the slippery slope to replacing appliances we haven't budgeted for.

Congrats there, Mr. Independent.

Blog Entries
    Hey Andy, I couldn't HELP but notice that you have an aerodynamically designed set. Did you tell them you were gonna be racing them or what? Sure looks faster than our old boxy shaped ones.
    Congrats.
    BTW, the fuel in the reactor will need replacement in 12 years by trained professionals.

Maybe you could give heloise some tips in a few weeks....now all you need is an apron!!!!

T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

.... that's about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time ......

Right on Andy ... now get ironin' them thar' clothes !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry