Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this guy for real?

After watching the going to bed clip, I had doubt's..but after seeing the others, there's a good chance he's dis. Some things you just can't fake (imo)
    when he's getting out of bed ck his posture/lower back area while sitting on the bed before the hop to the chair. The guy is totaly buff from stem to stern and I'd give a nut not to have the Budhabelly Damn!

I've never had any atrophy for whatever reason, used a fes bike for almost 3 yrs and have maintained good muscle tone/size, but nowhere like that dood!

I would guess there's no universal way for us to do things as sci's.. some use finess..some use brute strength!
    DIGG.

I think the guy is for real. Probably a T12 or into the L. Appears to be a recent injury. The guy is stil way buff. I would be scared to use some of his techniques. One (smart) thing I did notice he did, is setting the space (between the bed and wall) narrow, so his chair couldn't slide away from him. After watching this tape, I have to get into better shape.

Damn!!!!
    My arms and legs look good, but, they are alot better than mine, I walk up a flight of stairs, at least 2 times a day. Can't understand for the life of me why he doesn't use a walker, or a cane. Most of the people I know swear I walk to town 3 miles with my legs, and I've been known to throw things pretty heavy in fits of rage, all too often. I do however get up off the ground unassisted, and still do home improvements, always the hard way, and almost always alone. Stupid is as Stupid does, and I'm no Forest Gump!!!

Looks like he is attracting some devos tho. Look at some of the comments, then click to see what OTHER videos these guys are watching ..... I guess its not just us girls that have devo problems.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

My legs haven't lost much but this guy must be either a new injury or he uses a fes bike or something, coz i thought most people who have lower injuries eg in the lumbar region would have more muscle loss than say a t8 coz of spaticity.Maybe im wrong. But you wouldn't see me showing myself off getting into the shower lol. I don't understaand why he puts his legs on the bed 1st when transferring,wierd he's just making this more difficult for himself.
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

cali transfers that way, or at least one leg, she says it stops her spasms
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

i recognized too many things for me to doubt. first his apparent leg muscles threw me, plus his 90 foot to leg angle, but watching him lose his balance, catch himself, watching his foot misplaced on chair, his leg fall...well, looks real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Looks like he is attracting some devos tho. Look at some of the comments, then click to see what OTHER videos these guys are watching ..... I guess its not just us girls that have devo problems.
    but, but, check out his response, lol, lol. he just creeps me out...

airborneturner (1 week ago)
    do you have a foot thing? I could make some just foot videos. What kind of stuff do you like?

I agree .... he was encouraging the whole thing anyway with the shower video ... thats not just a "helpful here's how I transfer" thing.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

All I can think is "devo-bait" .... kinda weird IMO.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager