Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canadian Committment to a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Well, well, well ... this is pretty awesome Sas-katch-e-wan, for such a small population!

SASKATCHEWAN PARTNERS WITH RICK HANSEN INSTITUTE TO LEAD IN FUNDING FOR DISABILITY INITIATIVE

Saskatchewan is taking a leadership role in Canada in the areas of spinal cord injury research and disability funding with the commitment by the provincial government of more than $4.3 million for a comprehensive five-year Saskatchewan-based initiative, in partnership with the national Rick Hansen Institute.

Saskatchewan's Rick Hansen Institute Initiative is a group of projects that will enhance the lives of Saskatchewan people with disabilities. The projects will also help commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Rick Hansen's Man in Motion World Tour ...

http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=b62...5-684ef772053f

Hey Linny!

...hmmm... if you take some time to read the article you will see there is no money directed to any kind of research to get us out of w-c
    So this post should not be in the cure forum I guess

I also guess you have seen my comment on Rick FB page...

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Saskatchewan's Rick Hansen Institute Initiative is supported by several provincial ministries and agencies and consists of the following five-year commitments for Saskatchewan-based projects that will assist people with disabilities:
    $1 million from the Ministry of Health for spinal cord injury related research;
    $500,000 from the Ministry of Social Services in new funding for the Canadian Paraplegic Association of Saskatchewan;
    $500,000 from the Office of the Provincial Secretary to fund the Clayton Gerein Legacy Fund; and
    in December, the Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport and Sask Sport Inc. announced $2.3 million to help fund disability sports organizations, high-performance athletes with a disability, and accessible playgrounds.

Saskatchewan's Rick Hansen Institute Initiative is supported by several provincial ministries and agencies and consists of the following five-year commitments for Saskatchewan-based projects that will assist people with disabilities:

• $1 million from the Ministry of Health for spinal cord injury related research;
    • $500,000 from the Ministry of Social Services in new funding for the Canadian Paraplegic Association of Saskatchewan;
    • $500,000 from the Office of the Provincial Secretary to fund the Clayton Gerein Legacy Fund; and
    • in December, the Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport and Sask Sport Inc. announced $2.3 million to help fund disability sports organizations, high-performance athletes with a disability, and accessible playgrounds.

Linny call me on skype ;-)

I'm sorry; I don't have skype!

What if media started throwing around the word, cure? Would they be scoffed at? Would money pour in? Or would the taxpayers demand a refund for outrageous allegations?

I watched an interesting documentary last week. In order to affect change you need:

1) the media
    2) money
    3) people/support

We have very little of 2 and 3. Absolutely none of 1. Perhaps that's where pressure needs to be applied? Just throwing that out there ...

Cure is not a word any sensible media organization would use at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm sorry; I don't have skype!
    Get it, it's free & easy to use it.
    It would be easyer to clear things talking..
    I gave you my ID on FB

Paolo