Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just a little fishy...

an update

Thanks everyone... an update on the situation...

It appears that the process I described originally is the routine. We verified through past patients - before Jon provided his list.

In regards to issues related to going through with the treatment... let me just say that life is full of difficult decisions and all we can do is hope that we make the right choices.

TM-uncle.

IMHO, this is a situation where you have people who would give their heart and soul to be cured of a terrible disease, and you have others who would take advantage of this yearning. Although it is possible that they intend well, from what I've seen it appears to be an unscientific procedure. I would not put my wife or my bank account through such an ordeal for a probably vain hope.
    - Richard

Hey all,

I do have authorization from them to use their e-mail addresses. I also have authorization from many of them to put up their patient experiences on the Stem Cells China web site (www.stemcellschina.com). However, I have taken them off of my message. If ADS32 and Jadis would do so as well, then anyone's worries about their privacy can be alleviated. In the meantime, Wheeliecoach, if you have the time and interest, I would recommend you send them each an e-mail to make you feel confident they are real patients.

As for the UBC stem cells, they are produced at international GMP standards. And yes I would immediately ask any friend or family member over to have stem cells if they had a spinal cord injury. My father has had the injections already. So the answer is yes.

Ginamarie, until it was just brought up, the transfer of money has not been an issue but now we have adjusted it to put a physical address in China. Very simple to fix. Please tell me any other concerns.

Wise, I appreciate your continued impartiality when talking about Beike. If you do visit, I promise we will not use it as advertising in any way. The international standard studies are in the works but as you know well, they take time and effort to do right. As for the supply of cord blood, Beike partners with the provincial Blood bank in each province to have them check for HIV etc. The cord blood is fresh (never frozen) and is taken from approved hospitals so I believe it is comparable to getting it from the national blood banks in terms of credibility.

Uncle, thanks for getting us into this. If you do decide to go for the treatment, I hope you will let others know about the entire experience.

Okay, go ahead, take your next round of shots.. I can take it.

And to try and counterbalance all of this, I leave you with an article on a patient who will be leaving Nanshan hospital soon. http://www.standard.net/live/news/97230/. Please feel free to ask him about the treatment as well. kirk@holicow.com

- Jon
    Last edited by jon@stemcellschina.com; 02-14-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon@stemcellschina.com
    Hey all,

I do have authorization from them to use their e-mail addresses. I also have authorization from many of them to put up their patient experiences on the Stem Cells China web site (www.stemcellschina.com). However, I have taken them off of my message. If ADS32 and Jadis would do so as well, then anyone's worries about their privacy can be alleviated. In the meantime, Wheeliecoach, if you have the time and interest, I would recommend you send them each an e-mail to make you feel confident they are real patients.

As for the UBC stem cells, they are produced at international GMP standards. And yes I would immediately ask any friend or family member over to have stem cells if they had a spinal cord injury. My father has had the injections already. So the answer is yes.

Ginamarie, until it was just brought up, the transfer of money has not been an issue but now we have adjusted it to put a physical address in China. Very simple to fix. Please tell me any other concerns.

Wise, I appreciate your continued impartiality when talking about Beike. If you do visit, I promise we will not use it as advertising in any way. The international standard studies are in the works but as you know well, they take time and effort to do right. As for the supply of cord blood, Beike partners with the provincial Blood bank in each province to have them check for HIV etc. The cord blood is fresh (never frozen) and is taken from approved hospitals so I believe it is comparable to getting it from the national blood banks in terms of credibility.

Uncle, thanks for getting us into this. If you do decide to go for the treatment, I hope you will let others know about the entire experience.

Okay, go ahead, take your next round of shots.. I can take it.

And to try and counterbalance all of this, I leave you with an article on a patient who will be leaving Nanshan hospital soon. http://www.standard.net/live/news/97230/. Please feel free to ask him about the treatment as well. kirk@holicow.com

- Jon
    Jon,

Thanks. Because the cord blood is fresh, this means that they are not doing any HLA-matching of the cells. So, it is true that they are not using matched cells?

Wise

Wise,

Yes it is true there is no matching as they take out the red and white blood stem cells so this should prevent rejection.

Sometimes patients (mostly the children) get fevers (very seldom now) but since they are getting numerous injections over a month, even if the fever is a sign of rejection, a majority of the stem cells are injected successfully without the fever. A lot of parents are worried that getting a fever means rejection but based on the small number of anecdotal cases I have seen, I don't believe this.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts. In general if some stem cells were injected into the body, say the CSF, and there was a mild fever that resulted, would that "Kill the stem cells"? If the fever was severe, would that kill the stem cells?

I know it is impossible to say, but in theory?

Thank you.

- Jon
    Last edited by jon@stemcellschina.com; 02-15-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon@stemcellschina.com
    Wise,

Yes it is true there is no matching as they take out the red and white blood stem cells so this should prevent rejection.

Sometimes patients (mostly the children) get fevers (very seldom now) but since they are getting numerous injections over a month, even if the fever is a sign of rejection, a majority of the stem cells are injected successfully without the fever. A lot of parents are worried that getting a fever means rejection but based on the small number of anecdotal cases I have seen, I don't believe this.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts. In general if some stem cells were injected into the body, say the CSF, and there was a mild fever that resulted, would that "Kill the stem cells"? If the fever was severe, would that kill the stem cells?

I know it is impossible to say, but in theory?

Thank you.

- Jon
    Jon, they can easily confirm hematopoietic engraftment by taking blood samples after transplantation and showing that the person has chimeric blood cells (from the donor and the host).

Wise.

Thanks!

Wise,

I will check into it and report after I get some meaningful feedback.

- Jon

I just wanted to say that stemcellschina has kept in great contact with me throughout the payment process . I have also talked to the founder himself over the phone in China as well as many of the past patients. In fact, one kid from my town just returned home from the brain injury center this month. My dates to attend are May 29th- June 30th. Any question PM me.
    C4 -C5-C6 Incomplete Walking Quad. (Brown Sequard)
    http://www.myspace.com/turbobuick87
    www.lancestemcellchinatrip.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by walkingQuad
    I just wanted to say that stemcellschina has kept in great contact with me throughout the payment process
    No disrespect but OF COURSE THEY HAVE. They had dollar signs rolling in their eyes from receiving your 1st email no doubt. And as long as people keep on coughing up for this junk the longer this 'company' keep on playing folks for fools. Think twice, its never too late to make the wisest decision you could and NOT GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads32
    No disrespect but OF COURSE THEY HAVE. They had dollar signs rolling in their eyes from receiving your 1st email no doubt. And as long as people keep on coughing up for this junk the longer this 'company' keep on playing folks for fools. Think twice, its never too late to make the wisest decision you could and NOT GO.
    Just so you know the patient Jim Wood who was at Beike was at the same hospital in Atlanta as me "Shepard Center". I've talked to him on the phone and emailed him. He is somewhat of a walking quad also and he has gained quite a bit from the treatment in China from feeling,strength, much better bladder,bowel,and sexual function, and movement.
    C4 -C5-C6 Incomplete Walking Quad. (Brown Sequard)
    http://www.myspace.com/turbobuick87
    www.lancestemcellchinatrip.blogspot.com