Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Dr Martin Schwab - Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Jerry are neural stem cells same which StemCell Inc is using and Neuralstem will be using for phase one with chronic injuries soon as they have applied with FDA?

Also www.stemedics.com have shown good results with animals with their neural cells. So are these same neural stem cells or some difference?

Is it true that through IV or spinal fluid injection stem cells dont reach injury site in chronic injuries than direct injections at injury site in and around? What is the best method to go with?
    Are lumbar injuries hard to treat than cervical and thoracic injuries or may be easier?
    Sorry it is www.stemedica.com

Nice layout of the phases of trials, fti.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Dear Patrick,

I am contacting you with regard to your interest in the Nogo-A antibody therapy in spinal cord injured patients.

We performed a phase I safety study which was completed in 2011. You will find more information about this study at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00406016

We plan to perform a multicenter European clinical phase II study and are currently applying for funding resources. If we receive the resources the study might start at the end of 2015. In the planned study only fresh spinal cord injuries (1-2 months after injury) will be addressed, because we assume that the treatment is most efficient in these patients.

Let me know in case you should have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
    Christina Sina

-----
    Dr. Christina Sina
    Scientific Coordinator Schwab Group

Brain Research Institute
    University of Zurich
    Winterthurerstrasse 190
    CH-8057 Zurich
    Switzerland

Email: sina@hifo.uzh.ch
    Phone: +41-44-63-53262
    JustaDollarPlease.org

Was there any functional improvement in the phase 1 study?