Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: discovery channel right now 10am

discovery channel right now 10am

On discovery channel right now 10am is a show called the doctor who makes
    people walk again. It is about a dr. who is doing amazing things. I think we met him
    Last edited by professirx; 01-29-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Wink

Hey rockstar,

I missed it, would you happen to have the link so that i can watch it?

thank you,
    Susan. xxx
    Godspeed~
    Susan
    www.sciwalker.com

Miss you Sue, as I'm looking, I'm writing you, how have you been, will you be coming to DC. Here's a link but there's no info, http://times.discovery.com/tvlisting...=0&channel=DTC , I just happen to catch it by an email I received at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Fajt
    Hey rockstar,

I missed it, would you happen to have the link so that i can watch it?

thank you,
    Susan. xxx

Traditional Western medicine says that once damaged, the central nervous system cannot recover, and Western doctors and scientists will not accept Dr. Huang's procedure because it has not been clinically tested or proven. Yet paralysed patients from all over the world still flock to Dr. Huang even though the medical risks of the operation could outweigh the benefits. Several patients at the hospital who have made miraculous recoveries are interviewed, and one victim of paralysis is caught on film walking for the first time in seven months after the operation.

More specifically, The Doctor Who Makes People Walk Again? follows the story of Vic Washby, a once athletic Englishman who can no longer walk and is losing control of his other muscular functions since developing a form of life-threatening motor neurone disease called ALS. He and his young wife, Katrina, and their two small children travel to China to undergo the procedure, and we watch them anxiously await the outcome in the days and weeks following. Although many other patients in the hospital make amazing recoveries, for Vic and Katrina the operation is not nearly as life-changing as they had hoped.

Meanwhile, a leading scientist in this field, Professor Raisman, who has experimented with OEC treatment on rats, expects to start clinical trials of the procedure in the UK in the next two years. He believes, like Dr. Huang, that using this method there will be an historical breakthrough in the West where injuries that have never been treated before will be come treatable, and where the incurable will one day be cured. (From the UK, in English and Mandarin, English subtitles)
    more at

http://www.enhancetv.com.au/shop/pro...uctid=12669174

P-X = Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, my local cable (Comcast) provider was showing something else.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

thanks for following up on this story, i'm sure it's been discussed,but not everyone at everytime can catch every thread, bringing it back up may catch new members attention, but back to risk issues, I had a sphincterotermy [sp] done in 1988 I almost ''well you know'' from, but at that time I guess they didn't know how dangerous it was, wasn't no suprapubic proceedure offered in 1988, so our lives are always a risk, I broke a leg on a bike in 1997, learned I had very low bone density, my whole experience has been a learning situation, in my opinion I'm 20 years paralyzed, common scence tells me a cure cant make me walk, my hope is to feel my sexual functions,urinary and bowel, I rather hae that first, I think the whole walking again is great for newly injured, but bodily function is what I want, to feel sex and have an orgasm is my cure, I wonder what cure means for others, like any other soldier, I honor all thoes who went into the proceedure, they are my true leaders in this war on paralysis, and the Drs who can walk n care more to changing our lives are the greatest humanitarians I met, I was cured sinced 2005, everyone I have met has been inside healing my spirits, that's the first step on self healing, Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    more at

http://www.enhancetv.com.au/shop/pro...uctid=12669174

P-X = Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, my local cable (Comcast) provider was showing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by professirx
    thanks for following up on this story, i'm sure it's been discussed,but not everyone at everytime can catch every thread, bringing it back up may catch new members attention, but back to risk issues, I had a sphincterotermy [sp] done in 1988 I almost ''well you know'' from, but at that time I guess they didn't know how dangerous it was, wasn't no suprapubic proceedure offered in 1988, so our lives are always a risk, I broke a leg on a bike in 1997, learned I had very low bone density, my whole experience has been a learning situation, in my opinion I'm 20 years paralyzed, common scence tells me a cure cant make me walk, my hope is to feel my sexual functions,urinary and bowel, I rather hae that first, I think the whole walking again is great for newly injured, but bodily function is what I want, to feel sex and have an orgasm is my cure, I wonder what cure means for others, like any other soldier, I honor all thoes who went into the proceedure, they are my true leaders in this war on paralysis, and the Drs who can walk n care more to changing our lives are the greatest humanitarians I met, I was cured sinced 2005, everyone I have met has been inside healing my spirits, that's the first step on self healing, Faith.
    I also feel that the "cure" will be incremental and mean different things to different people. For many, walking is the least part of it. Some will most want to be free of their vent; others will wish to have at least functional use of their hands. Bowel, Bladder and Sexual function are high on any SCI wish list.

I too honor the soldiers brave enough to seek, find, finance and risk experimental therapies. What distresses me is that in many instances there doesn't appear to be any attempt to document and analyse the results of these procedures.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

True, we need that written docu proff to help us here in america ,something that tells the gov. it works ,its proff, the people want it, now make it happen for the people who want it

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old

Awe sweety, thanks.. Glad to hear you are going to be ok and if a cure does appear, we will bribe ya to get ya up... what a coinsidence that you where just writing to me.. Will read it after a cat nap...(sigh)

Thank you Foolish Young One, i will look over all of this very soon.. xxxx
    Godspeed~
    Susan
    www.sciwalker.com

profx, haven't seen you on here in a while and wanted to say a quick hello. Your website looks fantastic!.... its been a while since I surfed over....you've been busy!