Thread: Quickie Tension adjustable Back Upholstrey

Quickie Tension adjustable Back Upholstrey

Has anyone tried the Quickie tension adjustable back upholstrey?

I stopped using the regular back years ago due to hammock effect. I am setting up a 'street chair' as a 2nd chair and would try it if it was as good as Ti adjustable back.

The price is high, $ 81.20 for the regular and $159.00 for adjustable.

Thanks for any insights,
    Paul

Sportaid:
    http://secure.srginc.biz/product.php...sa&prdID=44197

By "Ti" I am assuming you mean the adjustable upholstery from the Quickie Ti titanium rigid frame and not the upholstery used on TiLite chairs. If I am correct, it is pretty good (not as good as TiLite's) and can be seen in this link to Quickie's parts manual:

https://secure.sunrisemedical.com/SM...displaydrawing

I have quickies adjustable back and am very happy with it. I like it better than invacares. More straps and stays tight, invacre's had like 4-5 straps and would get loose fast. I would recomend quickies, quality in my opinion.

Thanks for input from both of you.

SCI, I was referrring to TiLite and should have spelled it out. I have used a friend's TiLite and liked the adjustable upholstrey alot.

Question, was just reading other seating thread w/ Scott and others (good info / opinions, btw) you mentioned how you liked the TiLite adjustable... I have to look at the back frames closer but is there any reason rigid Tilite upholstery won't work on rigid Quickie? Same width / sizing, of course. Just a thought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    By "Ti" I am assuming you mean the adjustable upholstery from the Quickie Ti titanium rigid frame and not the upholstery used on TiLite chairs. If I am correct, it is pretty good (not as good as TiLite's) and can be seen in this link to Quickie's parts manual:

https://secure.sunrisemedical.com/SM...displaydrawing

Other than the portion that velcro's to the underside of the seat upholstery to close the gap between the back and seat, I can't see why it would not work. You would want to be sure that the center panel is the correct dimension since there there is a layer of 1/8" to 1/4" thick foam padding inside it, and you would want to make sure it fits between the back posts. If you got the part numbers for the same width & height TiLite back rest, I don't foresee any issues. Of course, there are a lot of modifications I've done which appeared to be straightforward, only to discover the law of unintended consequences made it more-complicated than I initially thought.

Thanks SCI. Perhaps I will run it by the 'Sport-Aid' folks. Occurs to me as I sit here I may be able to get an old Tilite back that is being discarded just to give it a try and then go new if it works.

I appreciate your advice and opinions.

I have used both. The TI Lite adjustable back is the most comfortable I've sat against. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad
    I have used both. The TI Lite adjustable back is the most comfortable I've sat against. Love it.
    Did you use Ti Lite upholstery on a TI chair 24/7 ? or quickie?
    thanks

No. I have it on my TI Lite EVO. But its so adjustable it should fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad
    No. I have it on my TI Lite EVO. But its so adjustable it should fit.

thanks 24/7, I think I am going to give it a try.