Thread: Wireless WebCam

Wireless WebCam

Anybody got any recommendations for really good wireless WebCam. I don't mind paying a bit of money for it. I have just put an online WebCam on my Oscar tank and as you can see, the picture isn't really that brilliant. I am looking for something a lot clearer and crisper. This is just one of those Logitech wireless WebCams, I bought of the eBay for about £30 I think

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/index....pper&Itemid=71

be sure your wireless network is secure or any one in the area can access your web-cam and view it.
    I always thought Logitech made good cameras if you want a good picture I have always shelled out close to $100.00 but it wasn't for wireless, I have always had this fear of it being viewed even though my network is secure.
    Teyrn

Quote Originally Posted by teyrn
    be sure your wireless network is secure or any one in the area can access your web-cam and view it.
    I always thought Logitech made good cameras if you want a good picture I have always shelled out close to $100.00 but it wasn't for wireless, I have always had this fear of it being viewed even though my network is secure.
    Well, if I found out someone was looking into the wireless WebCam, I would just tell them to go online and look at it through the website but I know what you mean. Anyway, this Logitech QuickCam is only a cheap one, once you get more than 50 or 60 feet away, the picture gets really rubbish. The wireless WebCams I have been looking at actually use the Internet rather than infrared. Actually, that's not quite true, they do use infrared but the infrared goes into the computer and over the Internet I believe. The one I'm using, has a receiver that plugs in the back of the computer. It uses similar software as your normal Logitech cameras. I need to find out whether the software on using will support these type of cameras, I don't see why not. It's not a bad camera really, the picture is okay for what it is. I would just like the picture to be a little Chris but maybe have some kind of infrared facility so that people could see the tank at night.

The ones i have looked into don't use inferred they use your wireless-g network just like your laptop does and is viewable by any computer that has access to your wireless network.
    Teyrn

I remember now and you are quite correct. I'm just not sure if this type of camera would be compatible with the software I am using. Any ideas if they are able to connect to a website or do they have their own viewing software?

you should be able to upload the images to your website just as if the camera was connected physically to the computer. I think you are asking in the wrong forum though and need to check with the manufacturer of the camera you are looking at purchasing. I see no reason why it won't work that way since that is how most everyone with a camera does it.
    Teyrn