Thread: SaeboFlex hand orthotic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow SaeboFlex hand orthotic

I haven´t seen this device here yet on the Forum so I´ll post some information about it. I believe this device may help some quads who have some hand function, but may be too weak to be effective. The company is travelling around the US to different cities to train therapists, and they will allow you to test it out for free if you attend. Click "SaeboFlex" and then on "Free Trial" to find out which citys they are visiting as well as additional contact information . If you can´t attend, you can check if a therapist is near you that has the device by simply inputting your zip code at the top of the web page. The company also has extensive locations in Greece including Crete, one in Johannesburg in South Africa and demo classes are also going on in the UK. Click under "Saebo International" for more information. I think I may head over to the UK and check this thing out first hand, since not only do we have a lot of hemiplegic stroke patients, but my left hand is weak but has some function. Price is listed at $1,690 but says that insurance can cover part or all of the cost. Look under FAQ.

http://www.saebo.com/seaboflex.html
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-26-2007 at 12:17 PM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer