Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is a real pain

How to run the Windows XP repair system:

The Windows XP reinstall.

1. You need a Windows install disk.

2. Put it in the tray and boot to it as if you are going to install Windows XP.

3. Don't press R for recovery console.

4. Continue past that point just like you are going to install Windows.

5. Say yes to the EULA and keep going.

6. When you get to the point where it says "ready to install Windows," do not format and install Windows. Because you are going to lose everything.

7. Look closely and at the bottom of the screen it will say "Press R to repair an existing installation."

That's pretty much it, just press R to repair. It will go through the installation and repair missing or damaged files.

I would strongly recommend that you backup your data before you go through this process.

What is SP1?
    Even though it's not well with my body,
    it is well with my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Wheelchair Rider
    What is SP1?
    Its an abbreviation for Service Pack 1, which is an update for Dragon NaturallySpeaking. If you click the help menu, then Check for Updates, you can download it.

In response to what is the best microphone for speech-recognition, I would have to say the handheld Sennheiser MD431. It's pretty pricey, but I have one on a balanced spring arm and to me it is worth it. I've been through a lot of microphones in the past 10 years and this is the best for noise cancellation and it's convenient not to have to wear a headset. The microphone has an XLR connector which needs an adapter cable and an Andrea USB sound pod, (or similar device). The spring arm allows correct microphone placement while dictating and can easily be swung out of the way.

Here is a link to a company that sells everything mentioned above:
    http://www.emicrophones.com/micropho...D=2&prodID=013

Doingtime, I concur about Sennheiser and using a USB pod. I didn't know you were a Dragon user. May be a cheaper solution (microphone headset) found on the same website. Thanks!