Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: my pain is gone!

  1. #11
    taking 800 to 1000 mgs of stoll softner with benefiber was my daily regiment when i was using a lot of oxycodone (percocet)
    cauda equina

  2. #12
    Just a remiinder to folks, it's advisable to avoid taking anything with Tylenol on a long-term basis, such as Percocet (or any of the other 'cets).

  3. #13
    I am surprised by this thread. I would have thought that everybody who has severe pain will have been exposed to morphine sulfate.

    If morphine really works but you have constipation or other peripheral side effects, one possible way around this the side-effects is to get the morphine intrathecally.
    http://www.medtronic.com/neuro/paint...rug_deliv.html

    Wise.

  4. #14
    O.k. I'm willing to bet that if any of you try "Movicol" with your meds, you'll be amazed....If you haven't tried it already.
    Everyone I know swares by it. You just have to find the right dose that suits you! Should take a week or so and no more constipation....hopefully!
    To be honest I don't even need it anymore....don't know if it has anything to do with it or not?

    I take 120mg of Morphine Sulphate and find it better than Oxycontin, Methadone etc.
    C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

  5. #15
    I take Kadian 30mg, it's a long acting pain reliever. It's morphine also. It doesn't have any tylenol or anything in it, so it's a single ingrediant med. It's amazing. All I do is take one or 2 a day, and I am practically pain free. I was amazed when my doc prescribed it, it's the only pain med that has really helped me. Plus, you don't have to keep taking pill after pill, so it's supposed to be less addictive also. I am also not as constipated as I used to be with the percocet, vicodin, etc. It's great. Anyways, just my 2 cents. Tiff
    "Everyone learns faster on fire".

    "First she spoke with a voice, then she spoke with her own".

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    I take Alka-sletzer and acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain and eat fruit, natural grain bread and lectuce. When I want to get a dump going I include from one to two tablespoons of cut flax seed in my food and I'll generally go in less than a day and have a nice, matural seeming dump.

    Been hitting the Pinball and Solitaire too much so gotta go get my fizz and Tylenol.

    Plop, plop, fizz, fizz.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    I take Alka-sletzer and acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain and eat fruit, natural grain bread and lectuce. When I want to get a dump going I include from one to two tablespoons of cut flax seed in my food and I'll generally go in less than a day and have a nice, matural seeming dump.

    Been hitting the Pinball and Solitaire too much so gotta go get my fizz and Tylenol.

    Plop, plop, fizz, fizz.
    Ok, first of all, eww. Second, whenever I have to make myself "go", I eat Selects Great Grains cereal, works everytime. Third, All that tylenol is no good. But I suppose you know that already. Tiff
    "Everyone learns faster on fire".

    "First she spoke with a voice, then she spoke with her own".

  8. #18
    More than happy to hear that! Good news of the day!

    Now here's a warm hug

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC
    O.k. I'm willing to bet that if any of you try "Movicol" with you
    I take 120mg of Morphine Sulphate and find it better than Oxycontin, Methadone etc.
    i think that is the same as miralax in the usa. miralx just became available here over the counter, before now it was prescription only. i just got a flyer from costco they will be carrying it.
    jonnyc how does morphine sulfate compare to Oxycontin as far as making you feel? Oxycontin i feel ok on , except at night i cant sleep and lunesta doesn't punch through it. i need to take amitriptyline to help with sleep, since i really don't want to take a stronger sleep med if i can avoid it.
    how did you compare the oxycontin to morphine sulfate as far as constipation? oxycodone constipated the hell out of me, but Oxycontin doesn't seem to. just looking for other people experiences. i take lyrica too, it really speeds up the motility of my bowels, so that may off set the oxycontin.
    cauda equina

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    i think that is the same as miralax in the usa. miralx just became available here over the counter, before now it was prescription only. i just got a flyer from costco they will be carrying it.
    jonnyc how does morphine sulfate compare to Oxycontin as far as making you feel? Oxycontin i feel ok on , except at night i cant sleep and lunesta doesn't punch through it. i need to take amitriptyline to help with sleep, since i really don't want to take a stronger sleep med if i can avoid it.
    how did you compare the oxycontin to morphine sulfate as far as constipation? oxycodone constipated the hell out of me, but Oxycontin doesn't seem to. just looking for other people experiences. i take lyrica too, it really speeds up the motility of my bowels, so that may off set the oxycontin.
    I've never taken oxy's but the vidocin and percocet, always kept me awake and made me sleep way too long. I lost all my ambition, it was not good. The MS, does the trick, I can sleep, I don't sleep all day, and no constipation. It's really great. Tiff
    "Everyone learns faster on fire".

    "First she spoke with a voice, then she spoke with her own".

Similar Threads

  1. DREZ for brachial plexus avulsions
    By Wise Young in forum Pain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 03:35 PM
  4. Pain centers and clinics
    By antiquity in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2002, 09:44 PM
  5. Article on the state of pain research
    By David Berg in forum Pain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2001, 09:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •