Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: yo, SCI_OTR, seating challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    hoff, cool. Glad to hear you are going to get checked out. Pain can definitely affect our ability to function, so good to not ignore. Ooh, this earned your first post too
    Hey Chick, thanks, this is my first post...under this name. I used to be a member under the name cowboyquad a few years ago so technically it was my 99th post. I didn't remember my password and have a different email addy now so I had to make a new one.

Glad you changed your name and went with the Bears avatar. I'll take the Bears over the Cowboys any time!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    Glad you changed your name and went with the Bears avatar. I'll take the Bears over the Cowboys any time!
    obviously me too...the Bears are my team but the cowboy in nmy previous name wasn't for the Dallas Cowboys. It was because I used to ride bulls and ranch.

I know a guy who got his SCI from riding a bull.

My condolences on the Super Bowl. I'm beginning to think there is a curse when a team returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown in a big game. Caused me to have a flashback to my beloved Buckeyes in the BCS championship game.

I think I've figured out how to post attachments. These are some seating charts from an old thread.
    Attachment 13815

Attachment 13816

Hey Scott, how is your back pain and seating now? It has been over 2 years.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

unfortunately the pain is still similar (chronic).

posture is better as I ditched the idea of switching back/forth between power & manual chairs shortly after starting this thread. I've exclusively used manual chairs w/ more dump ever since.

thanks for checking in

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    unfortunately the pain is still similar (chronic).

posture is better as I ditched the idea of switching back/forth between power & manual chairs shortly after starting this thread. I've exclusively used manual chairs w/ more dump ever since.

thanks for checking in
    Oh, I want better news than that like that it is miraculously gone.
    Do you have the pain 24/7 then and have you found anything to help it? Stretching, meds, screaming FML, anything?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Scott, I didn't read this whole thread, but thought I would share what a fellow PALS did for his chair. It may not be practical for you, but this guy got a bare bones power chair, and used an automotive seat from a Grand Am. He figures that the automotive company spends a lot more time and effort into making comfortable seating, and he may have something there. His chair has the vent tray and a tray for his computer, so it is a lot bulkier than yours, but he is in that chair all day and he has never had a sore.

If you want see a pic, PM me.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

You can get captain seats on power chairs.