Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye & Thank You gift for my Nurse

Question Good Bye & Thank You gift for my Nurse

I've had the same LPN nurse for almost 15 years. I am moving back to my home state. I wanted to get her a thank you gift. I was thinking of giving her a locket with our picture in it. Any thoughts.

If this is in the wrong section please move it.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

I don't know the situation, but jewelry seems a little personal/romantic. Perhaps somethings she could use in her profession? Or an album of photos of the 2 of you together (assume, after 15 years there are some?...) or framed photo. I'm thinking personal/unique to your relationship without the romance aura. Do you like the same music or movies or enjoyed a series of outings?
    My $0.02.
    BeeBee

Yea, I had the same thoughts. Its not a romance thing.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Money. As much as you can spare. And a really nice card that you write out (dictate, type, whatever) to tell her how much she meant to you.

Hey Norm,
    That's really nice, and yes, I agree with the $$ idea and some photos. Wow, she must really be something, on the job for 15 years! God Bless her!
    Cathy

She's the type of person that likes something personal for memories. Something like money or movie tickets won't cut it IMO.

Go to an engraving store... they have tons of things that can be engraved. I've even seen medical things like stethescopes, pens 9she must have written lots of notes over the years) etc.

Blog Entries
    15 years of a close friendship is nothing to take lightly, not many things would be considered overtly 'lovey dovey' within reason. Is she a practicer of any religion? For example, if it were me, many of the nurses I have associated with over the years are Christians. I have given them related books often. If she were a Christian, I'd give her a new Bible. That way, it would be used often and bring back memories of you.
    If she doesn't, what are some of her active interests or hobbies? Reflect on the conversations you have had and go from there. Get something that has a lasting quality, as your friendship does.
    I'm not trying to be negative, but money isn't personal, doesn't express that 'feel' for which a lasting friendship is deserving. If you have a friend with a camera, have them take a picture of the two of you at home, in the yard or comfortable surroundings. And give her this and keep one for yourself, FRAMED, in addition to whatever other gift you decide on. The pictures of my friends and I whom are elsewhere are the ones I value the most.

I'll bet she hates to see you go also; if you could have a dinner at home before she leaves, bringing her husband or family member, that would be a great memory.

You know what, Norm?
    You know her best. If you think she would like the locket, then get it!
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    She's the type of person that likes something personal for memories. Something like money or movie tickets won't cut it IMO.
    Give her a good sincere hug Norm. And good luck to you on moving, and please post when you settle down out there in the wilderness, Ok?