Thread: stood in kafos

stood in kafos

today I stood up for the first time with kafo braces and parallel bars. It was both a milestone of how far I've come but also how far I have to go. I was surprised that in such a short amount of time, I've completely forgotten what it was like to stand! thousands of tries and 20 e-stim pads later and I can finally curl my right wrist. Battle continues....

Awesome! Keep at it. I am happy for you~
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Congratulations!!!! I stood in Kafos for the first time a few weeks ago. Great feeling. Keep working!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Very good news indeed!!! The first time standing on your own legs is always the best feeling. It can also take every ounce of strength you have to do so. Keep at it ya'll, the next thing you know you'll move one of those legs to take a step.......take care, john

I've had mine for a little over a month. I try to use them every time I go to therapy. I prefer the parallel bars because some days it just doesn't go as well with the walker. Let us know about your progress.
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.