Thread: Cellphone

Cellphone

I have very minimal use of my arms (c3c4) I am looking for a Cellphone that can be operated without having to use buttons. When I say minimal I mean I can't get my hand to my ear to push a button. I need a Cellphone that will answer and dial without pushing anything. Anybody have any suggestions? Any information is appreciated. Thank you

Sorry I can't speak directly to your request of no buttons, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Possibly you can use a non-flip phone's speaker phone option. You would have to press the answer button then the speaker button, but I was thinking maybe you might be able to handle a touch screen button if it was placed/rigged where you get at it. Sorry thats all I've got.

SuzyQisforquad Do you have a QUARTET ECU? I have one and can only use my house phone through it. Of course maybe they have an adapter now I have not checked with them. Do you use your cellphone in and out of your bed? I can only use my house phone while in bed. Any additional information is appreciated. Thank you

I would appreciate it very much. I can only use my ECU while in bed. I think they have been working on making a portable microphone. I will see what happens. Thank you again

What about a phone with voice dialing and blue tooth for hands free operation. I can voice dial with my smart phone and with the blue tooth headset set to auto answer i never have to touch my phone. With blue tooth it can be up to 10ft away and work. So should work in and out of bed with the phone in your chair.
    Teyrn

teyrn With your smart phone do you have to touch anything to dial or is it on standby mode? I guess I need to look up smart phone first to know what it is. I know with blue tooth I can answer the phone auto my problem is dialing. What kind of smart phone do you have? Any information is appreciated. Thank you

I have a Blackberry 8100 w/ pretty smart voice dialing. You can set it to auto-answer, as Teryn mentioned; the voice dial requires pressing a button, whether you use bluetooth or not. I'm not aware of anything that's 100% voice-only.

I don't use this, but it might be worth checking out: http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/

Flash tour: http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/tour/

I have a treo 680 phone from cingular. It is a palm PDA and phone combination. I have voice dialing but takes a key press to bring it up and I don't know how well that will work for you. I don't know if you can press the key and it just wait for you to speak for x amount of time or not and if it did would a conversation not on the phone cause it problems. Going over my idea again I don't think it would be a good one cause the smart phones run 300+ or more with a signed contract even and a refurbished phone. It might be okay to use but the cost and a bunch of features you don't use makes it really unatractive.
    Teyrn

samsung sgh-t619 has voice rec under the 'hot apps'...i haven't tried the software yet but i will and get right back to you. i got the phone because i wanted to subscribe to t-mobile's my 5favs. the phone was 50. and is an mp3 player, has a web browser and a whole lotta junk i'll never use like games.

yes, works! loaded fast, the s.w. began talking to me, urging me to give it a command, looked up person and dialled. thumbs waaaay up! maybe you can go to costco or a cellular store and try some phones before buying. good luck!
    rob