Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cure Video Issues on CBC tonight ... "The National"

No problem everyone. I want everyone to be able to see this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer

Those pretty girls are far too young for this crap ... I hope the Premier saw that piece on the National. I pray for a miracle for them both.

When will this shit end!?! I can't stand seeing the younger ones!!!!

I felt the same thing. I think it hits us so hard because we were both so young when we were hurt.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

I don't know why but I cried ... Maybe I felt bad to see their desperation to walk again... Shannon was like, well we have nothing to lose, and I was like whaaaaaat? you are still a beautiful girl, you can still be an athlete like you used to be go back to school, have a normal life ...does n't it worth living? you rather die than be in a chair? she was complaining about no hand function, trust me I know that... but think of people who even don't have arm function and still try to work hard and won't give up... I was surprised by both their mom and dad... mom got divorced and never even bothered to come and see them or be there for them? and dad wanna risk their lives just see them walk again? My parents would do ANYTHING to see me even gain a bit movement but do you let your baby to be guinea pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_girl_
    I don't know why but I cried ... Maybe I felt bad to see their desperation to walk again... Shannon was like, well we have nothing to lose, and I was like whaaaaaat? you are still a beautiful girl, you can still be an athlete like you used to be go back to school, have a normal life ...does n't it worth living? you rather die than be in a chair? she was complaining about no hand function, trust me I know that... but think of people who even don't have arm function and still try to work hard and won't give up... I was surprised by both their mom and dad... mom got divorced and never even bothered to come and see them or be there for them? and dad wanna risk their lives just see them walk again? My parents would do ANYTHING to see me even gain a bit movement but do you let your baby to be guinea pig?
    perhaps you answered some of your own questions on their desperation by pointing out some of the shortcomings of their support network.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer

When will this shit end!?! I can't stand seeing the younger ones!!!!
    AMEN!! to that!! I can honestly say that doctor was pessimistic and frankly really annoying that I really couldn't stand looking at him or hearing him. Why is it that 4 out of 5 people think chronic SCI will not be cured in our lifetime and 5 out of 5 people think that China is dangerous????

What is Dr. Young telling us too be patient for and that "things will happen sooner than later"

This is fken ridiculous and someone needs to do something about it. Besides that, if there is a cure found only people with money will benefit first unfortunately. U think everyone is just gonna be able to get it?? NO!!

When I heard one of those girls say "5 years" I said oh my gawd....that's sure seems like a popular phrase....

This is a very cruel joke and we all as a community need to start demanding answers and stop making other people stocks, money , and reputation go up.

Even some of the moderators believe that a cure for us is around the corner- and that is absurd - where is there any proof? We are puppets, and we need to wake up. Yes there are people working hard to cure us and its all RESEARCH. Hello RESEARCH.......They can research for 20+ years they are not paralyzed. This is really getting grosser by the minute.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 01-23-2007 at 05:36 AM.

There are just handful labs around the world looking at chronic SCI; we need more labs to do so. All in all on SCI there aren’t more than around hundred but that cowers any research for SCI. Not much I would say. How to get more labs to look at chronic SCI?