Thread: Large Button Universal Remote Controls that work with DVR functions of cable remote?

Large Button Universal Remote Controls that work with DVR functions of cable remote?

Does anyone know of a large button remote that works the DVR functions on a cable box? The manufacturer of the cable box(Motorola) is telling me I can reprogram a universal remote using a 4-digit code, but all of the large button universal remotes I have found only use 3-digit codes.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default....*ec0074*196433

Check it out, my blind grandparents have one.

Cox Cable has a large button remote available free to customers with visual or manual issues. My David is blind from his TBI so he uses it with our TV, cable box and DVR. Works fine and the rest of us can use the regular remote.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately the one from HSN won't work with the DVR controls and Insight Cable(our cable company) tells me that they do not have one. They tell you to use a universal, but he'll never get to the DVR settings because the universal remotes their system is compatible with are not large button. UGH!

I would think the cable company would have to supply one to comply with ADA regs. Check further.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.