Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutilation of daughter as disability treatment

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    My disability is an aberration I wish to see eliminated. I'm okay with that LOL. Given the choice I'd rather have my body back than all the accomodations in the world. So far I haven't been given the choice tho, so I like my nice wheelchair.
    Precisely,

To the thread starter -Perhaps you feel your disability is your nemesis but I don't beleive that for the rest of the population. You act all concerned about the treatment of this child yet in your next breath you diminish the physical impairments of disability as a social problem and non-physical. GUESS WHAT? IT IS A FUCKING PHYSICAL PROBLEM AND THE SOONER WE RID THE WORLD OF AS MANY OF ITS FORMS AS POSSIBLE, THE BETTER.

You are disabled - that is neither normal, natural or right. You will never be accepted by mainstream society because a wheelchair is NOT socially acceptable, you will sooner be cured. Get over this bullshit pride you have. If I were Wise id chase you the hell off my site as youre a slap in the face to his work.

Keep your nose out of these peoples decisions and wise up.

[QUOTE=Ads32]

Keep your nose out of these peoples decisions and wise up.[/QUOTE

If parents did this to an AB kid, do you think people should keep their noses out of the parent's decisions?

My disability is not my nemesis- it is a poster PD who I acquiesed to in July when I signed up here.

If you read the post I wrote, it did not say ignore medical intervention. People with disabilities should receive the best medical care research can discover. But in the mean time they need support services and accommodations to live as full a life as possible.

Some people don't stop living their life waiting for a cure - a cure may never come or not come in their lifetime. So they work toward short-term goals that making living life a person with a disability as best as it can be.

The treatment Ashley received may appear on the surface to meet a goal of keeping Ashley safe at home with her family - but everything done to her had a less invasive way to accomplish the same thing with far fewer risks to her health. Ashley has already lived past her life expectancy, perhaps that is why she was considered for a risky medical experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    My disability is an aberration I wish to see eliminated. I'm okay with that LOL. Given the choice I'd rather have my body back than all the accomodations in the world. So far I haven't been given the choice tho, so I like my nice wheelchair.
    Yet Ashley's disability is one that has no hope of getting better, much less eliminated, so let the parents and doctors chemically stunt her growth, surgically get rid of her uterus and breast buds, and whatever else can be done to make it easier for her parents to "care" for her. Hey, why not lop off her clit while they're at it? She doesn't need it, right? Besides, God forbid she might one day find pleasure in one of the few female parts she's got left, even simply masturbating (yes, even 3 month-olds masturbate ::gasp:: ) We can't have those retards masturbating, can we? It might harm their minds or emotional states. And you know, she's a "pillow angel" not walking or anything. Why not amputate her limbs? She doesn't need them, and lifting her will be oh-so-much easier for her folks; it'll eliminate that pesky masturbation thing as well.

Betheny (and Ads and others who agree with her), do you realize how myopic and ego-centric (read: SCI-centric) your views on disability sound with posts like you've made in this thread? Oh well, at least you're not alone in your self-absorbed way of thinking.

By the way, I unsubscribed from the U2FP email newsletter last night, because of my disgust for you, Betheny. I know I'm not the only one to do so. I'll find other ways to support SCI research where the "advocates" don't dismiss the rights and needs of other disabilities as less important than SCI.

Andy - Terry Schivo was brain-dead. Ashley is not (unless you consider a 3 month-old brain-dead). No comparison there.

All - I wish I had more time to post. I really hope that people can see the hypocrisy, the flip-flopping, the narrow mindedness and weak-mindedness of a lot of CC members posting in this thread. And just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you fit into the aforementioned descriptors; but if the shoe fits...

Ugh.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 01-16-2007 at 02:34 PM.

[quote=Shannon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads32

Keep your nose out of these peoples decisions and wise up.[/QUOTE

If parents did this to an AB kid, do you think people should keep their noses out of the parent's decisions?
    Uhhm why is this a relevant comparison? The parents did this for medical reasoning or what they were advised to be medical reasoning. An 'AB kid' does not fall into this category.

Quote Originally Posted by PDnemesis
    My disability is not my nemesis- it is a poster PD who I acquiesed to in July when I signed up here.

If you read the post I wrote, it did not say ignore medical intervention. People with disabilities should receive the best medical care research can discover. But in the mean time they need support services and accommodations to live as full a life as possible.

Some people don't stop living their life waiting for a cure - a cure may never come or not come in their lifetime. So they work toward short-term goals that making living life a person with a disability as best as it can be.

The treatment Ashley received may appear on the surface to meet a goal of keeping Ashley safe at home with her family - but everything done to her had a less invasive way to accomplish the same thing with far fewer risks to her health. Ashley has already lived past her life expectancy, perhaps that is why she was considered for a risky medical experiment.
    My issue with your posts is how offended people with your mindset are when someone/group highlights that disability IS a problem and IS NOT acceptable. And who said anything about not living your life til help arrives? Jees, its not so hard to do both. I also think its selfish for the old 'well a cure won't benefit me' bullshit to appear time and time over. Its like the polar caps are unlikely to melt to oblivion in our liifetimes, does that mean we shouldn't give a shit about the environment? Turning your backs on the new injured/yet to be injured by letting your pride get in the way of the attitude to cure is worse than shitting on the environment anyways. So selfish.

And the above is to anyone who thinks like you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads32
    You will never be accepted by mainstream society because a wheelchair is NOT socially acceptable.
    We get that you want a cure for your sister, we really do.

I hate my own disability and wheelchair and also want a cure but I don't need to be told that I, as I currently sit, will never be accepted by mainstream society. I already have - because I'm not a fucking wheelchair.

Do you let your sister out? Do you apologise for her or is she confined to base until a cure relieves her of the weight of society's gaze?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    We get that you want a cure for your sister, we really do.

I hate my own disability and wheelchair and also want a cure but I don't need to be told that I, as I currently sit, will never be accepted by mainstream society. I already have - because I'm not a fucking wheelchair.

Do you let your sister out? Do you apologise for her or is she confined to base until a cure relieves her of the weight of society's gaze?
    Quit hanging on my every word Rhino, you are like a shadow.

I am sorry to break it to you but wheelchairs and disabilities will never be accepted. I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying its true, lie to yourself all you like. As for my sister she is an independent young thing who could care less about the dick in the street yet just wants to get back to how she was. I'll send her your best.

[QUOTE=Ads32]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon

Uhhm why is this a relevant comparison? The parents did this for medical reasoning or what they were advised to be medical reasoning. An 'AB kid' does not fall into this category.

I was just curious. You said people should mind their own business regarding this issue, and I was wondering if you thought people should mind their own business regarding all issues with all children, or do you just mean medical issues with disabled children?