Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutilation of daughter as disability treatment

LOL
    oh geez.

I addressed issues raised in this thread, and criticized the points/opinions expressed.

If one is unable to hear criticism or prefer their thoughts be left alone, why bother expressing them in a public forum where a DISCUSSION on the issues is taking place?

Oh well. I guess it is easier to attack typos and to make threads personal, than to actually have a thought.

HaHa. Silliness. Waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Ah, the intelligent retort I expected.
    I thought you liked the visual aspect of cartoons??
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

For the life of me I can't see why my conceding that I don't know everything about the motivations of strangers makes me "disgusting".

I must be though, because first chick said so, then Scorpion did. I don't mind having the opinions criticized, that's why we were having the discussion.

I know several of us don't agree on this one. That's ok, it's not our kid, nor our problem. I don't understand the need to dismiss people that dare to disagree as "disgusting".

Antiquity asked if we could discuss this without calling names and that's what we did until somebody got "disgusted". It was a good discussion.

Just a thought... Do those who think it is disgusting actually have children? I could not imagine having to do this to my child but I would not want to put her in an institution when she got too big for me to care for either. Either way would be absolutely heartwrenching. I would also like to offer a response to the statement earlier that "Ashley was being subjected to treatment that even AB's wouldnt be subjected to". Many able bodied people choose to have hysterectomies for comfort whether it be to relieve cramps or the menses.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

The opinions were disgusting.

Not my responsibility when people choose to internalize criticism of an opinion.

Bethany, you choosing to single me out says quite a bit, especially when posts have been directly made personally against me.

Again, silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    For the life of me I can't see why my conceding that I don't know everything about the motivations of strangers makes me "disgusting" . . .
    Oh, geeze, somebody call the Waaaambulance! C'mon, Bethany, I didn't call anyone names or call you or anyone else "disgusting". I don't think chick did either. Read my post again. I said "disgisting" in reference to the apparent ease of which so many people in this thread support the parents, almost without any question or hesitation. That disgusts me, and it's not simply because of someone disagreeing with me.

Wait, I did say some people were "big babies" so I guess I did resort to name-calling. Oh well.

Antiquity, I guess I've ruined the discussion, which was presumably so good and decent, before my posts. I guess challenging opinions and not pointlessly pussyfooting around validating posters so they feel all good and tingly inside, is a bad thing.

Scorp, maybe some people prefer "grunts" and "snorts", and other one syllable words in posts, rather than having to read words most grade school children can easily comprehend.

The problem with grunting, is that it's a much less effective communication method without the all important visuals - scratching armpits, picking nose and toothless drooling.

Have fun folks!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

How many posts does it take for a chick & scorpion tag team to unravel a 10 page intelligent opinionated thread all to hell?

uh 1
    uh 2
    uh 3

crunch!!!!

Do you remember this owl cartoon on Saturday mornings????

I still can't decide which decision I support. So glad I'm not in that position.

Ah, the spiraling of a thread when the Dictionary Duo show up.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    Just a thought... Do those who think it is disgusting actually have children? I could not imagine having to do this to my child but I would not want to put her in an institution when she got too big for me to care for either. Either way would be absolutely heartwrenching. I would also like to offer a response to the statement earlier that "Ashley was being subjected to treatment that even AB's wouldnt be subjected to". Many able bodied people choose to have hysterectomies for comfort whether it be to relieve cramps or the menses.
    Hi DD, of course lots of AB's have all types of surgery everyday but with them, it's a choice, their choice. An AB wouldn't be forced to undergo the removal of an appendix, uterus or breast buds without their consent. Even in the case of AB minors, the age of consent for medical procedures is 14.

The last time something even remotely similar to this took place was during WWII when the Nazi's and Japanese experimented upon the Jews and Chinese respectively without their consent.

I honestly didn't think this was legal.