Thread: How do I start a fundraiser

How do I start a fundraiser

Has anybody succesfully started a fundraiser for their child. Granted, my son is 22 but he is still my child. We have a trust account set up for him already. He has an opportunity to do a stem cell procedure, but it needs to be done as soon as possible. The closer to the date of injury the better. We need atleast $40,000.

Thanks, in advance for your input.

Suggest you read a lot of recent posts in the Cure forum before you waste your money on a stem cell procedure at this time.

Check for information here on how to manage your funds. Many people have had fund raisers doing things like car washes, sphagetti feeds, etc. locally if you have a lot of community support from church or other local organizations, but more often people are doing fund raising for a van or something tangible. With the economy the way it is right now, I suspect you will find it very difficult to get this amount of money from your friends, family and neighbors.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripacer View Post
    Has anybody succesfully started a fundraiser for their child. Granted, my son is 22 but he is still my child. We have a trust account set up for him already. He has an opportunity to do a stem cell procedure, but it needs to be done as soon as possible. The closer to the date of injury the better. We need atleast $40,000.

Thanks, in advance for your input.
    Recruit your circle of support/ friends, family/ church, etc. You/they will need to get items or services donated for auctons, raffles, prizes.

I question the stem cell procedure. Do they have any clinical results that have been published where you can rely on the doocumentation? Will they ask past participants to give permission for you to contact them? There are a fair number of charlatans taking peoples money. The acid test in a very crude way is why have you seen no patients who have gone for these procedures on "Good Morning America", 60 Minutes, etc. standing and singing the praise of having been cured ?

This is an excellent resource that you should read carefully before agreeing to be part of any clinical trial, traditional or otherwise: http://www.icord.org/iccp.html

(KLD)

Sorry if I reply to this old post but I feel Fundraising is hard for Stem Cell Research
    SCI Nurse said a good point The way our economy is ;
    One thing I admire and would have loved is Community support
    Church / Food Bashes / Parties Bring the best out of people . Events like these make me happy to contribute in also... Especially where I used to live but I dont like big cities or city life so I choose to live out in the Country Nowwhere it is healthier for me at this point of time after the surgeries..
    I dont know about the actual facts proven clinically but I would go for it if I could

BTW if I had $ 40 k I'd offer it to you . Your 22 yr old son is alot younger than me and has alot of Great things ahead of him .
    Anything is good for hope and Possibilities in my eyes I love humanity.
    Good luck