Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: booty ache

booty ache

Just being funny with the title, but really after sitting in my chair through the day. Late afternoon my butt hurts. Does this mean I'm not pressure releasing enough? When I sit at the computer I tend not to do it as often as I probably should.

T12 incomplete 11/4/03

Camille
    I have the same problem, but mine is practically every time I do sit. My Doc told me it is where most of the nerve ending's come out. I notice we have the same injury.

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

I get that too sometimes even though I'm C8 complete. After sitting up all day, sometimes I get a not really painful but uncomfortable feeling in my butt, along with a burning sensation in my lower back.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by Camille:

Just being funny with the title, but really after sitting in my chair through the day. Late afternoon my butt hurts. Does this mean I'm not pressure releasing enough? When I sit at the computer I tend not to do it as often as I probably should.

T12 incomplete 11/4/03
    And I thought I was too skinny and everything was too hard to sit on for a long time. Untill the doctor told me it was nervepain. I am a th12 incomplete too.

Hey, maybe we should have a T12 incomplete thread! I have the same feeling - but only when sitting in the chair for a long time. When I had hemorroids they would burn too if I sat for a long time. I still feel kind of a burning and also a soreness in the muscle. When I sit on a hard chair (shower) I feel the pressure deep - like in the bone. Not sure what any of this means - maybe it is just nerve endings because I sure can't feel anything else on my butt and I have no muscle there at all.

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003

I get the same pain in my ass it doesnt seem to matter how much pressure releiving i do.I transfer in and out of my over a dozen times a day and it's always the same.Im c5/6

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..

I had this problem while I was in rehab. I discovered that it was directly related to my cushion. We had to try several different types before we found what worked best for me & eliminated the pain in my rear. I've found that the Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile cushion has worked best for me. I know it's an expensive cushion, but maybe you could get your local medical supply company or rehab center to loan you one to see if that takes care of the pain for you. I hope I have been of some help.

L-1 Incomplete 11/24/03

'Chelle

I already have a cushion where it is cut out in back for your tailbone not to hit whatever your sitting on. But it does not seem to matter, it still hurt's mine feel's like someone has taken a hammer and hit my tailbone with it and like shaun I do move several times a day and it does no good to do it.

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

I understand what you are saying. The Roho is an air filled cushion,there's no hard surface for you to be sitting on. When it happened to me I was moving almost consistantly trying to get rid of the pain. It was another patient in the rehab center that recommended that I try the Roho & lent me their low profile(he usees the high profile & still had the low profile that the rehab center had gotten for him previously). It's got four air quadrants that allow the air to flow between them to accommodate the way you sit & reduces pressure over your entire seating area. Hopefully this may be of some use to you all.

'Chelle

I have the same problem with my butt. After 3 or 4 hours in the chair, it's rather painful. It gets pretty unbearable toward evening. I tried a Roho, didn't like it anywhere near as much as my Stimulite. I haven't used it in awhile. I've found that putting a small cushion under one side of my butt seems to help. It changes the pressure distribution enough to give some relief. Works for about 10 minutes, then I switch it to the other side. By alternating using the cushion and not, I can pretty much get through a day. I still do the pressure reliefs, of course. I move around alot.

BTW, I'm T12 inc.