Thread: Should I keep my Saratoga or sell it for an Easy Glide

Should I keep my Saratoga or sell it for an Easy Glide

My insurance company bought me a Saratoga arm cycle because the exercise funding didn't cover an Easy Stand Glider. My primary purpose is exercising to burn calories but standing would surely help numerous areas too. However the Saratoga would be easier to just use whenever the urge strikes. Although I do have 24/7 help to get on the Glider.
    I could ebay the Saratoga, my extra manual chair and my old power chair for parts and get close to enough to buy a 2nd hand Glider.

What would you guys do?

You need to sell the saratoga to me! Im first in line if you decide to sell!

Ben
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    You need to sell the saratoga to me! Im first in line if you decide to sell!

Ben
    I'll remember that!

Yeah...I'd dump the arm cycle. Its nice to burn calories, but eventually it'll kill your shoulders. That might be the old fart in me talking. The stander, you can do some exercising if the moment hits you, but the standing is certainly a benefit.

Keep and use your cycle Emi! It´s an excellent piece of equipment! You can construct your own wooden standing frame for about $100 and the free plans are available here.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Keep and use your cycle Emi! It´s an excellent piece of equipment! You can construct your own wooden standing frame for about $100 and the free plans are available here.
    I can't see what is used at the back to hold me from falling backwards? Straps or something?

From those plans, I don´t see any back support. It´s not very quad friendly. I´m going to see if I can find alternatives.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer