Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving from Florida to North East?

Question Driving from Florida to North East?

Has anyone done it? How long did it take was it pure hell? Did you stop overnight? I'm thinking of making the journey as a passenger.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    Has anyone done it? How long did it take was it pure hell? Did you stop overnight? I'm thinking of making the journey as a passenger.
    Norm,
    Yes. Yahoo driving directions will give you a pretty good time estimate between your start and finish (Boca to Del, Co,, PA?). It's not hell, but it's a long trip. Audio books are one way to pass the time. I always stop one night, even when I have someone to share the driving.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Blog Entries
    I can drive about 15 hours now and like Foolish I gotta get a room for shuteye. But I like driving and have never needed a reason to go. I just load up my mp3s and I'm gone. It's actually LESS of a hassle for me now cause I only gotta stop on an off ramp and water the daisies (legbag), then back to driving.
    If I had a modified truck, I'd be a longhaul driver and wake up somewhere different every day!
    Last one was TN>TX>FL>TN. I hung out in FL for a few days though. After I got back home it was business as usual(not tired).

My family is trying to get me to fly. But I would rather drive.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    My family is trying to get me to fly. But I would rather drive.
    any specific reasons why?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Because I'm a quad they don't think I can take the ride. They think I will be to uncomfortable.

I am planning on a huge roadtrip next summer. I love to drive and my intentions are to just go where the wind takes me. I like to drive at my own pace. I am considering my next mid life crisis to come....LOL It is just something I feel I need to do to convince myself I can.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Hey Norm,
    Drive, I OFTEN hit the truck when my body is too aggravating, calms me and it down. Just the opposite of what you would expect. On a more than 2 hour drive, I set on my roho just in case, otherwise I use a tempurmed for driving to be on the safe side.
    like the song says...eeease the seat back.....ain't no stopping now, PANAMA !

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    I am planning on a huge roadtrip next summer. I love to drive and my intentions are to just go where the wind takes me.
    The wind is gonna blow you here. Then again, that would be going against the jet stream, so who knows.

I like road trips, prefer being the driver though. (I only get to drive when by myself or with my son. My husband dominates the wheel.)