Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rally 2007

I've always wanted to go to Vegas. Nashville not so much.
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Well, I still like the idea of an Oklahoma photo op . . . how could the press ignore a gang of gimps taking their case right to the heart of the problem? Seems like Coburn should be confronted out in the open instead of hiding behind that anonymous hold bs.

Sorry if this is all stuff you've thought of before--I'm sure it is, actually!--but I'm still mad at the way that happened.

Plus, I've never been to Oklahoma. Does the wind really come sweeping down the plains?

If you're really going to do 2 rallies a year then 1 east and 1 west makes sense to me. (Being in the west of course.) Vegas is cheap, accessible and has plenty of rooms. But I don't see a lot of politicians showing up for the rally in Vegas. May SF? California's stance on SCR would be a good reason to go.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlongdon
    If you're really going to do 2 rallies a year then 1 east and 1 west makes sense to me. (Being in the west of course.) Vegas is cheap, accessible and has plenty of rooms. But I don't see a lot of politicians showing up for the rally in Vegas. May SF? California's stance on SCR would be a good reason to go.
    Vegas is cheap, SF isn't. Still, I see your reasoning. I'd go Rally in SF.

;-)
    Daniel

no matter where the location, is anyone currently planning (or considering planning) another rally for '07? It's not quite as simple as picking a time/place & telling ppl to show up.

just asking..

Oklahoma rally sounds good to me

maybe we could have an old fashion hay rack ride, load some hay several cases of eggs & about 40 people from cc on my truck, park in coburns front yard & unload the eggs on his house.

As much as I'd love for the rally to be in SF [heck you all could stay with me ] the politicians whose minds we need to chnge are in DC. But if we have two..
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by CLC379
    Oklahoma rally sounds good to me

maybe we could have an old fashion hay rack ride, load some hay several cases of eggs & about 40 people from cc on my truck, park in coburns front yard & unload the eggs on his house.
    Carl, my man! Aside from you and Beth and Coburn living there, is Oklahoma friendly to chairs?

Oklahoma has big heavy doors, I think because of the wind. Other than that it's okay chair-wise. I don't find it to be real friendly to "cure" though. I was thinking about a sit-in. I can guarantee myself, and Carl. Maybe 2 other people. And that's all.

Count us in. We have a service dog and he can PULL the manual chair so we could travel! OK is ok by me. We are very good at sitting. Welllll, not small boy, but he makes an adorable media moment sitting on chad's lap!?!?!