Thread: anyone here from TIRR who's had flap surgery in Houston hospital

anyone here from TIRR who's had flap surgery in Houston hospital

this will be my second surgery on the same wound and i'm getting all of my medical records tranfered to TIRR. i'm an orginal patient of dr parsons but i decided to have the surgery closer to my home and kids. this time i'm taking the girls with me to keep my stress level low in order to heal better. can any give some ideas of what to expect in Houston, i don't want to got to Hermans .

Sorry Gloria to hear that you are still dealing with the wound. I'm confused, are you going to have it at TIRR or another hospital in Houston?

I would do it at TIRR if possible. Not that I think they are that great, but the other hospitals have no clue how to deal with spinal cord injury.

thanks carl, i didn't even know TIRR did surgery. i guess i thought it was only rehab. when i left Herman after my accident and went to TIRR for rehab i remember Dr Parsons being upset that one of my scars wasn't healed before Herman released me. thanks for your reply i hoped that you would respond because i knew of your wound but i couldn't find your email address for some reason, again thanks.

glomae - been thinking about you

You went to hospital and then you never posted again. Everything come out okay?

I hate pressure sores!

TIRR closed its operating room February of this year. So, it wasn't an option. The patients either go to a plastic surgeon and have their surgery at Hermann or Methodist. They might be seen pre op or follow up at TIRR's plastic surgery clinic.

CWO