Thread: PVA wants a cure to move forward!

Thumbs up PVA wants a cure to move forward!

Jake's Pop

Show All
    Interests: -- Select a topic -- About PVAAccessible DesignDisability RightsMembersNewsProfilesSports and RecreationVeterans Benefits and Healthcare Thanks to you, we're getting closer to a cure everyday

In 1946, when Paralyzed Veterans of America was founded, the future for a quadriplegic or paraplegic was grim. Those who survived the first few years of spinal cord injury invariably faced nearly insurmountable obstacles to their quality of life.

Today, a young solider who suffers a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D) can expect to live another fifty or sixty years with his or her disabilities. Much of the improvement in quality of life -- as well as advancements in our understanding of SCI -- can be directly attributed to research.
    For many years, the PVA Research Foundation has given paralyzed veterans hope for a cure by funding scientific exploration as well as new technologies to discover better treatments -- and a cure -- for Spinal Cord Injury. Last year alone the PVA Research Foundation awarded $1.9 million in grants for promising, innovative research.

With the generous support of people like you, the PVA Research Foundation funds:
    The PVA was the first one to air a stem cell research ad for ESCR!!

They don't bother wasting time with clinical trials of litium or a myriad of anti-depressants which have the known capability of very limited neuro-regeneration. There are many substances that have shown this characteristic, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should go to large scale clinical trials.

PVA KNOWs, much more basic research needs to take place in particular in the field of ESCR.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

I just ordered some free labels & sent a donation.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis