Thread: sweating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

sweating

My legs have been sweating a lot of late, and I have an intense burning nd tingling senasation in my feet...Anybody know what's goin' on?

gettinup~
    I am locking this thread here and moving it to the Care forum. Possibly one of the SCI nurses can reply.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Gettinup - How long has this been occurring? Is the presence of these symptoms constant, intermittent, certain times of day, etc.? Does the position of your legs (i.e. dependent or not) make a difference in the symptoms? Do you have any swelling in your legs or feet? Has anyone checked the nailbeds of your toes for circulatory function? Is the entire leg sweating or below the knees? Are these symptoms present on both legs? Any other changes or symptoms that you have not described?

I have asked a lot of questions to try to help us provide guidance. If this is a fairly recent symptom, and only on one leg, you may be developing a thrombophlebitis (inflamation in the vein). If not, there could be some neurological changes at the site of your injury. What level is your injury? CRF

The sweating is intermittent, normlly the entire leg and at night when i am sleeping. No swelling in my legs, however, I did have a clot t one time. I am taking cumadin...have been for 3 months.Sweating in both legs.
    Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

Gettinup - How long has this been occurring? Is the presence of these symptoms constant, intermittent, certain times of day, etc.? Does the position of your legs (i.e. dependent or not) make a difference in the symptoms? Do you have any swelling in your legs or feet? Has anyone checked the nailbeds of your toes for circulatory function? Is the entire leg sweating or below the knees? Are these symptoms present on both legs? Any other changes or symptoms that you have not described?

I have asked a lot of questions to try to help us provide guidance. If this is a fairly recent symptom, and only on one leg, you may be developing a thrombophlebitis (inflamation in the vein). If not, there could be some neurological changes at the site of your injury. What level is your injury? CRF

gettinup - Have you been back to the doctor, for other than pro-time tests, since you began the coumadin? If you have had a clot, you need to have these new symptoms evaluated. I would urge you to make an appointment ASAP.

What level is your injury? How far post injury are you? Is this your first time to have had problems with a clot? Has there been any mention of putting a filter (for clots) or was one done at the time of your injury? CRF