Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightmarish provider(s)

Hi Raven,

These true life stories read like something out of a Stephen King (Misery) novel. This problem that you are having with help is not any better in California! I worry about the short-term future and think that we may be looking at a Franz Kafka nightmare instead of a Jules Verne Wonderland. I wish I had a solution for this problem but I don't.

It seems that every time you go down for the count somehow you get up like a rising ship!

Best wishes, Paul

My wife used to work as a home care provider and had some unbelieveable experiences with the company she used to work with. Her options on where to work were very limited because it was a small town and she had to find somewhere to work that would accomodate her school schedule.

The woman who ran this company should have gone out of business years ago, I don't know how they've stayed out of trouble. She takes advantage of everyone she comes in contact with. For example, she doesn't withhold taxes, nor issue W2's or even 1099's. She posts the schedule with the clients' names on the front window of the building (major HIPAA violation). She's done stuff like charge a family for purchasing a VCR for a client, then delivered an old VCR in a new box. Hmmm, wonder where the new machine wound up. She sent out one client's Rolex to get fixed and it just magically disappeared, never came back. Charged one family every year for having gutters cleaned out, but the client's gutters literally had 3' to 4' tall trees growing in them. I think you get the idea. My wife did the best she could and had a great relationship with the clients she worked with and developed close personal relationships with a number of them, but she was SOOOOO glad to leave that place behind once she finished school!!!

All I can say is, watch out for yourself. I'm sure you realize that already, but I've seen just how bad it can be from the other side.

Raven, my wife says she can picture that the one nutty provider left your house because she couldn't see anything she was interested in stealing. Sorry you're having to go through this, I hope you get the whole thing sorted out soon.

Thank you all for your replies.

LOL Paul. You know somehow I felt so weird on that day. Wondered if I might be losing my sanity. I am still trying to pick up my jaw and to close my mouth. Can't figure out why she lied to Lucy. Neither do or am I sure that Lucy believes me. I have been thinking of possibly changing agency but have not made my mind up yet. She did send another woman to my home the following day. Nick asked me what I thought about this new lady but I can't possibly say anything either way .. need to give her time.

I do recall having a lady once that was really a great provider. Wonderful, hardworker and sweet lady. The problem in the end was her hubby. He was a control freek. He was disrepectful of me, my privacy and kept calling her to leave early most of the time. She had diabetes and high blood pressure and he didn't want her to take any medications that had been prescribed to her. He told me not to give her anything in my house to eat. That she had diabetes because she ate too much. Huh? His reasons for getting her out of work early were to go get loans in her name so he could buy cars. She would try to make up her lost hours but he would be there at the time she normally had to go and start telling her to hurry up cuz he was hungry. It was very obvious that he controlled her. Btw, she was the sole support for her kids and him too. Lazy bum.

I am hoping that this new lady works out. They also send me one for two hours in the morning but we have no problems. She just comes in on time, does her work and leaves on time. Something most of them don't do. The only thing is that she can't work more than two hours since she has a little boy in school in the morning and has no sitter to help.

Anyways, hope this New Year brings better things in reference to the caregivers. I really need some reprieve from these looney people before I start hearing twilight zone music. lol

Sorry to hear Suzy. Guess she thinks she knows the difference of the real from the fake eh? Have you tried to talk to the supervisors at the place they work?

LOL, Teena, Obie, Ami. I can imagine how that caregiver's butt will/would look like after you all got a hold of her. Heehee. You girls made me feel better after reading your posts.

Thanks MycO, I know it will, it just has to change somehow.

Raven
    Last edited by Raven; 01-03-2007 at 01:15 AM.