Thread: why dogs hate cats?

why dogs hate cats?

why dogs hate cats?today my dog escaped and came inside the house .my cat was sleeping on my knees.bobby [the dog]started to bark ,tommy [the cat]got scared and tried to climb the walls .thanks god no one got hurt.
    i will have to teach them to love one another .hate is not welcome in my house.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    why dogs hate cats?today my dog escaped and came inside the house .my cat was sleeping on my knees.bobby [the dog]started to bark ,tommy [the cat]got scared and tried to climb the walls .thanks god no one got hurt.
    i will have to teach them to love one another .hate is not welcome in my house.
    adi,
    Bobby is most likely jealous of the cat because he was sleeping on YOUR legs and Bobby was someplace else all by himself. Thus the escaping to come into the house.

You might try to let them LIVE together..but as long as Bobby knows the cat is living like a king and he a dog..well a dogs gotta do what a dogs gotta do.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

17 years ago i had a dog a cat and a rooster .they slept toghether in the old bobby cage.all my friends and neighbors were amaized.they were inseparable.
    i did not trained them.bobby and tommy must be friends not enemys.i will help them to be friends forever.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    17 years ago i had a dog a cat and a rooster .they slept toghether in the old bobby cage.all my friends and neighbors were amaized.they were inseparable.
    i did not trained them.bobby and tommy must be friends not enemys.i will help them to be friends forever.
    I know you can do it adi. Always remember Bobby escaped to COME to you. So equal treatment will most likely inspire the two animals to get along and maybe even become friends. What breed is Bobby?
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

bobby is a mixed breed[terrier and small schnautzer].
    • Dum spiro, spero.

I don't think your dog hates your cat. It's just so fun for them to chase something! I have two dogs and two cats. The dogs just love when they can get the cats to start running. but, if the cat stops they just leave it alone.