Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody just have a series of really shitty days ...

Awww geez Ami ..... does it ever end ..... I wish for better days for you and I pray for strength for your friend .... I'm so glad you were able to find the trials for her and who knows .. miracles happen when we least expect so don't loose faith {{{hug}}} ......

I hope there are many more peaceful days filled with good health and maybe even a smattering of prosperity for us all in 2007 ......

Can you believe ..... its going to be 2007 ..... holy moly..... how did that happen .....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Ami, ignore what that poster said. You as drivelproof, IMO.

Here's to better days for you, Chad and your son.

**Hugs** and good thoughts to the three of you.

Ami,

Don't chalk the symptoms on to your TBI so fast...if you are hanging out with Dan almost every Thursday...y'all could be driving each other crazy!!!

TEASING I am TEASING...((((Ami))) (((Dan)))

Change that Thurs to a Friday and I am IN...I'm off on Fridays...LOL

I love y'all...

Hang on Ami...it's a ruff ride, but there's blessings every day...

Love n prayers, n God bless...

Teena

LOLOLOL .... you made me laugh Teena! I hope we can all meet up, I consider Dan one of my best friends. And thanks mem. For everything. And obi, thanks for always being there with a supportive word, I love that about you. (( hug ))

I am feeling better emotionally now but my head injury is really acting up, to the point that I may need to go to the hospital again. I REALLY hope not, but I have a crushing crushing headache and I am a very high dose of oxycodone (under doc's orders, no worries there) and I am still in ALOT of pain. I also am getting more and more clumsy, have to hold the walls to walk mostly. So I'm not sure how I'm gonna walk Stanley .... gah.

Buy my mom came over and cleaned up top to bottom (bless her, bless her) and my ex ran some errands with me and took our son for all day and night tonight. So at least I have support.

Thank you, thank you.

ETA: The grand council (me and Dan will concur and vote upon a move from Thursday to Friday for one week only. We will advise you of the election results once all of the votes have been tallied, recounted and re-recounted. ;-) Of course, that would be GREAT! Dais .. you in for Friday or Saturday anytime?
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Im in....just tell me a date. Im west of Asheville so we will have to allow for some drive time....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

LOL!!!

YOO HOO...

DAIIIISSSSYYYY!!!

Road Trip!!!

Teena

Hang in there, Ami! From what I've read of your posts over the past year, you are a strong, loving, resilient wife and mother. I, for one, have often been inspired by your dedication to your family and your kind posts to others on the forum.

It's easy to get discouraged when life piles up against you! 2006 was a BAD year for me: I started the year bedridden for nearly five months and ended it bald (from the chemo). Part of me has high hopes for a better year in 2007, but there's that nagging fear that says the cancer isn't going to let up on its invasion and will only get worse.

Hang in there! When we were girls, my mother used to tell us, "As long as you're alive, you have hope." And I do have hope. (Here I am, a crazy bald-headed woman in a wheelchair, full expecting that this will be a better year!)

I hope that things have already turned the corner for you, and that the new year holds only good things for you and your family and friends -- and for all of us.

Sincerely,

WantToLive (Sharon)
    Cancer-related SCI, 12/26/05

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    ETA: The grand council (me and Dan will concur and vote upon a move from Thursday to Friday for one week only. We will advise you of the election results once all of the votes have been tallied, recounted and re-recounted. ;-) Of course, that would be GREAT! Dais .. you in for Friday or Saturday anytime?
    Daisy, looking forward to meeting you and teena. Hopefully we'll all be able to get together soon.

~dan
    Daniel

eta: wait! one good thing, a GREAT thing. I found several clinical trials for my friend with cancer and it looks like she can enroll in one, omg, I am just so happy doing what I do (write clinical trials) helped her ...... omg, i am just so grateful for that.
    I am praying for your dear friend, btw. sending good vibes, well wishes and lots of prayers for her and her kids.

~dan
    Daniel

Buy my mom came over and cleaned up top to bottom (bless her, bless her) and my ex ran some errands with me and took our son for all day and night tonight. So at least I have support.
    Maybe I need to have some (fake of course) bizzare illness (like arrachnophobia-fear of spiders that sounds really important LOL)then maybe my mom might come and clean or even better yet my daughter might feel bad and actually clean her room....LOL

I can even make it down on a Thursday....Just let me know when. I am looking forward to meeting ya'll...

Im glad you have alot of support Ami...that can make a bad situation the best it can be. I dont know where I would have ended up had it not been for my family and even my extended family pitching in.....After my original injury and then I had an extensive surgery in '92 that took me 18 months to get over, my family was the best. My mom and dad were always at each others throats when I was growing up but the 4 years I spent trying to get independent and rid myself of the pressure sore that almost cost me my left foot, they actually got along and did what was needed to care for my daughter. She was 6 months old when I had my accident and took her first steps the day before I got home from the hospital. That was only because she outrun granny and granny wasnt able to grab her up quickly enough. LOL We lived right below my dad's side grandparents. My moms side grandmother left her life in SC and moved into my house to take care of my baby. My moms side grandfather/grandmother had divorced 10 years earlier and after my grandmother moved up here, they got back together and lived until they both died. I guess there was some good that came from my accident...LOL

They kind of had their own little world going on when I came home from the hospital. My mom and dad were taking care of me. My grandfather would grow the garden and my grandmother would cook and prepare it. Then they would pass it on to my grandmother that was caring for my daughter.... Now you know why my kid is so spoiled!!! When granny needed a break from Casey, my grandfather would take her for the day to see the "moos"..... Her first word "moo"...yep she is a country girl..LOL

Yep there has been alot of "shitty days" but all in all...the great days outnumber the shitty when you think about it.

I cant wait for my roadtrip!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown