Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody just have a series of really shitty days ...

I've never seen you post drivel.....in fact your posts are probably among those which have helped spouses, families and new SCI the most. Full of advice, hope and sense.

When I first found CC i was ravenous for info - I went back and read EVERY post I could by some members because they seemed to spout the no holds barred truth I was looking for. You were one of them (I am not a stalker!)

Sorry that you're hurting. You don't deserve it. None of us do.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Paul - will you be my stalker? Kidding ...

Funny replies Dan & Myco. lol

Ami - what about having a fundraiser to help pay for Chad's chair (damn, Christmas would have been the perfect time as people are feeling more generous and willing to open their pockets). Or okay, hit them when people start receiving their income tax cheques (early March to April lol).

In any case, I hope it gets better. From one who can cry at a sympathic commercial! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    Paul - will you be my stalker? Kidding ...
    l
    I don't have time....not with this female CC member avatar blanket I'm making....the little faces will keep me warm
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by teena
    Ami...

I promise you WILL get through all this.... Even if I have to come down there and make you do lunch with me...LOL...

(someday we WILL do lunch...)...
    Teena--you keep saying you're coming into town ... ;-) yada yada yada.
    Daniel

Ami

Hopefully things will get better soon. The drowning feeling really sucks. Sometimes it is healthy to have a good "soul cleaning cry"...

We are all guilty at swatting at other members....so dont beat yourself down. Crap does happen....just bounce back.

I think us Carolinians are overdue for a "day out and lunch together" ahem....Dan and Teena...... Maybe we can plan something when your PCA gets back and things settle down....

((((((big hugs))))))) for ya girlfriend!!!!

PS: I am a huge procrastinator...so yall set a date and I will get there!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Ami -
    It does seem like some of us have to carry a much heavier load than others. The last 5 years have delivered a number of devastating blows to us; the SCI is only one of them, and I'm not sure it's the worst. All we can do is soldier on through it. It is good that there are people here on CC to listen to you, people who know exactly what it's like. From everything I've seen, you really are a "Wife and mom extraordinaire," not just "sorta."
    - Richard

Hang In Ami

Things seem to feel more overwhelming around this time of year. We are so exhausted to begin with. Doing Chad's care 24 hours would make things even harder.

You have had a rough time lately, and probably need a complete break from everything, but instead you have to take on more.

Lynnifer's suggestion of a fund raiser is a great idea ~ is there someone who you could trust to organize it?

I'm so sorry about your friend. That's about as bad as it gets. There really isn't much anyone can say to help, but you will feel strong again, and get through everything.

Don't you get sick of being strong all the time? The weight of life is huge sometimes.

Take care of yourself. I'm sorry things are so rough right now.

Shelley

My friend Jocelyn once sent me this little card with a photograph of some women in 50's style dresses and hairdos . . . they were sitting on a bench with the wind blowing their dresses into balloons, and they were laughing.

The message in the card said, "Someday we're going to laugh about all of this!"

At the time, there wasn't much to laugh about--months of frustrating setbacks and the whole what-the-fuck-am-I-going-to-do thing going on constantly in my head.

That's what I say to you, ami dear--someday this is going to be a thing that we laugh about. We're going to hold our stomachs and practically pee our pants and have tears in our eyes, thinking about the sheer ridiculousness of this mother of an injury. You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    Ami
    I think us Carolinians are overdue for a "day out and lunch together" ahem....Dan and Teena...... Maybe we can plan something when your PCA gets back and things settle down....

((((((big hugs))))))) for ya girlfriend!!!!

PS: I am a huge procrastinator...so yall set a date and I will get there!!!

Daisy, NOW you're talking...LOL...

If we get a cold snap...lunch may have to wait till after spring thaw...LOL

Thank you so much everyone, I love this place. Kate, I'm waiting for that day! And all of us NC'ers, Dan and I meet up nearly every Thursday ... what's keeping y'alls?

Special thank you to a special few, you know who you are.

Oh, about a fundraiser, we hit up everyone we know and didn't get a single response, much less donation. So that was a little demoralizing and left me thinking a fundraiser would not be so great. But YOU guys are amazing, thank you so much.

It continues to be a bad day actually. Chad has two new pressure sores that popped up out of nowhere. And my head injury symptoms are returning a bit (unsteady, headache, barfing) and so it's still tough. I just appreciate having this place to come and cry...

(( thank you ))

eta: wait! one good thing, a GREAT thing. I found several clinical trials for my friend with cancer and it looks like she can enroll in one, omg, I am just so happy doing what I do (write clinical trials) helped her ...... omg, i am just so grateful for that.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager