Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd attack of the killer underwire bra

I have this problem too. I break underwires like you wouldn't believe, and finally gave up on them in favor of the bras that don't have underwires. Even the really nice ones from Fredericks I would break after a short while. I guess there's no restraining my boobs.

I have never bought a Victoria's Secret bra, and probably never will. I was told by a snooty asshole sales woman once that "no one of any decent size has breasts like that, you'd be best off going to the fat people store, what's it called? Oh, Lane Bryant" and I've never been back. I was told on a seperate occaision that VS didn't even have bras of a cup size to fit me - they only went to a D.

Anyway, I've actually found a lot of nice bras that I like of the Valmont brand. They're just at the edge of fitting me. At 36/38 DDD/F it's really hard to get proper ones. I've been seriously considering a major reduction because between the lower back SCI and the lack of abdominal muscles and lack of lumbar muscle and the 103851735891 pounds of boob on my chest, it just hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly

As for putting them on, I leave mine clasped and pull them over my head like a shirt.
    i do this too!
    May the fetus you save be gay

A good fitting remedies much.

As for underwires, those can actually cut. Have had it happen twice so I check before putting on my bra each day to make sure the wires aren't trying to poke through the fabric.

Usually handwash mine with Woolite so they last longer, look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannette
    I have this problem too. I break underwires like you wouldn't believe, and finally gave up on them in favor of the bras that don't have underwires. Even the really nice ones from Fredericks I would break after a short while. I guess there's no restraining my boobs.

I have never bought a Victoria's Secret bra, and probably never will. I was told by a snooty asshole sales woman once that "no one of any decent size has breasts like that, you'd be best off going to the fat people store, what's it called? Oh, Lane Bryant" and I've never been back. I was told on a seperate occaision that VS didn't even have bras of a cup size to fit me - they only went to a D.

Anyway, I've actually found a lot of nice bras that I like of the Valmont brand. They're just at the edge of fitting me. At 36/38 DDD/F it's really hard to get proper ones. I've been seriously considering a major reduction because between the lower back SCI and the lack of abdominal muscles and lack of lumbar muscle and the 103851735891 pounds of boob on my chest, it just hurts.
    Wow Jeannette, how dreadfully rude that woman was! And Lane Bryant is great. I hope you told her where to shove her bras?!

I was amazed at this thread - I never knew it was possible for underwires to break and/or stab.
    When my bras are new, I handwash for a while, before I get fed up, and just end up throwing them in the washine machine.

Before my injury, I never wore underwired bras, because they annoyed me too much (the wire on my ribcage), but now I can't feel the underwire anymore, I always wear them. One *minor* benefit of my sci.

Underwires annoy me too but I just got fitted for a bra and that really does help alot. You dont realize how much better the right size feels. I usually find a specific brand that works and stick with that brand.

I had an experience once like that in Sears. People assume too much. Just because you are not in the department for your size they should not assume you are shopping for yourself. My daughter is addicted to Victoria's Secret bras....she tries to convince me that the gel is different in the padding and that is why I should pay $40.00+ for a bra. That feeling might change when she has to buy her own....LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton8

I'm starting to get really peeved. From the male community, we are willing to help, but without pics, this thread is a real letdown.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Blog Entries
    YES i have been stabbed by the OWNER of such bras

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    YES i have been stabbed by the OWNER of such bras
    stabbed by the owner or the bra, that is 2 dferent issues
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    stabbed by the owner or the bra, that is 2 dferent issues
    At least one of which belongs in R & S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrauer
    I'm starting to get really peeved. From the male community, we are willing to help, but without pics, this thread is a real letdown.
    Maybe yall could model for us and show us the correct way to wear these uncomfortable "over the shoulder boulder holders????

Show us your "boulder holders"!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown