Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd attack of the killer underwire bra

yes.

design a bra that lifts, separates, supports and doesn't cause back/shoulder pain for those of us who are *cough* large.

Also, make it sexy yet functional.

thank you.

i'm so glad my boobs aren't big. 34b is just fine for me thank-you-very-much.

i get my bras a victorias secret on sale, and i also hand wash mine, it's well worth it. they feel better and last longer and don't get "pilly", you know what i mean? snaggy is a better word i guess.

when i wash, i put a little tub in the sink (big enough for 2 or 3 bras) and i use a cold wash detergent. i just let them soak then rub good around the underarm parts. but i don't sweat, so the rubbing will vary for everyone.

my hands work good enough now, but i still hook it then put it on like a shirt.

as for the binder mucking up your bras, i don't know what to say to stop it. i know exactly what you mean about that velcro. i was thinking maybe an undershirt, then putting on the binder, but that depends on how your skin handles wrinkles.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    yes.

design a bra that lifts, separates, supports and doesn't cause back/shoulder pain for those of us who are *cough* large.

Also, make it sexy yet functional.

thank you.
    This work?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

lmao!!! umm....no.

I no longer use a binder, but when I did I wore a camisole under it. At that time I couldn't wear a bra because my incision is exactly at the bra line. The cami has a built in bra. Not with the best support, but it'll do in a pinch. Or post surgery.

Camisoles are popular in Florida. Maybe not so easy to find in colder areas. Check out Chadwicks.com. Once you order from them, they send sale catalogs. You can buy camis on sale for as little as $6.99.

Try one. I think you will like it. It will protect your skin, and your bra from the binder.

old navy always carries them as well.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I agree with the others. Get sized. Maybe the wires are breaking because you're wearing the wrong size cup. As for putting the bra on, I also do it up first and put it on like a tshirt.
    ~Ashley~

yeah camis are awesome i live in pennsylvania and everyone wears them here. if not by itself, layered under a deep v shirt or something.

they have underarmour too. hopefully you can just skip the binder one day. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I don't wear a bra, I like the natural look....
    BUT I did overhear a news report today where a lady had a bra DEFLECT a 45cal bullet on top of her shoulder!!! It just left a nick that 3 or 4 stitches closed up. I bet SHE won't complain about those biggies anymore!!

ps hey FOOLISH Youngin, how do we get a job making the molds for those??

Clayton8, you make an interesting point that I find myself having to agree with, without further ado.

Right now Victoria Secret is having their twice a year bra sale. They do a good job with fittings and have a wide variety of bras including front clasp. They also sell camisals woth built in bras but no underwire.

Their bras are expensive so I always get mine during the sales. Save a fair amount of money and they last a long time. Getting fitted makes a big difference.
    Every day I wake up is a good one