Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2nd attack of the killer underwire bra

OMG, that poor woman needs a reduction!

Do any of you ladies consider that? It could help, you could probably make a case for medical necessity to get ins or medicare to pay for it.

I have two friends that underwent breast reduction surgery in their early 30s. Constant back pain from weight of their breasts. I suspect big breasts can be a bigger problem for women with SCI,MD,or other neuromuscular diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by redbandit
    OMG, that poor woman needs a reduction!

Do any of you ladies consider that? It could help, you could probably make a case for medical necessity to get ins or medicare to pay for it.
    LOL Redbandit....Funny you should ask that....That was the first thing I asked about when I became concious after my surgeries & drug induced coma post accident...I completely and seriously asked if it would now be considered "medically necesary" and my insurance(I had a COBRA policy at the time) would finally cover it...I've yet to actually finally persue that avenue though, but for other reasons...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

It's funny what goes through your mind after injury. I was heading up a huge and stressful project at work for the past year, and the first thing I thought of in the ICU was being relieved that I wouldn't have to be at work on Monday!

I wear a 40DD bra. Finding a bra that fits and is somewhat stylish has always been a problem for me. And I have had wires poke through or plastic "wires" break too, even with better quality bras. I have been professionally fitted and have been wearing Wacoal and Cacique bras (Caciques are sold at Lane Bryant's). These two brands are the best fitting and most comfortable bras I have worn. The Caciques are less than half the price of Wacoals. Lane Bryant's often has specials too, such as spend $75 and get $25 off.

I suffered a spinal cord injury at C5-6 thirteen months ago. My biceps, deltoids, and shoulder rotator cuffs do not work at all. Thankfully, everything else is normal.

Now that I am disabled, I cannot put on or take off a bra by myself. I have tried leaving it clasped and pulling over my head, as suggested here. So far, I have not been successful. I have tried putting it on the way I used to: clasping it in the front and then pulling it around to the back--impossible for me.

I have ordered two front-clasp ones online and found the front closures too difficult for me to work.

I have googled bras for disabled women and have found several prospects, including one with magnetic and loop front closures, but they either don't come in my size or come in non-sized cups that supposedly fit cups A-D.

Recently I was alone for four days. Even though I was able to sponge bathe myself, I had to stay in my bra for the entire time. I want to find a bra that I can put on and take off by myself so that I can be more independent.

Suggestions?

As far as the free sizing goes, I'll even pay $5.00 for each free fitting of a bra .