Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Addiction

Blog Entries
    BobKat,
    Thank ya man for all the info. I know it takes a loooong time to type all of it. FIRST thing I woulda done is the update, glad ya caught me. I'm on DSL so I'm cool. Blew my mind that we have it here in the middle of this blip on the radar screen and on top of a mountain with noone around. Won't even bring cable up here. That was my and my nephews concern cause we live inside a computer case,lol.
    As far as the SAIL BLOWER BOB bit I was just acknowledging your EXTRAORDINARY ability to talk more than me. 43 years and you are the ONLY person that holds that distinguishing mark ! Wear it with PRIDE!
    Thank ya again buddy,
    John

ps, I always wondered WHY they wouldn't give us a language option inside cockpits, oRwelP...

Capn.... My laptop could easily play most games, its runningv NWN2 pretty good, but as I'm tricept deficident, and my setup only allows 1 handed use, I'm screwed.

Once I get back to my desktop, I'm gonna pick up the trackpro head tracker from edimenssional to help get a handle n controls. Flight sims and me got along and I wasn't to bad at MSFS... Now not so good

Dark Age of Camelot..
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

I 'm addicted to www.playaholics.com The games are pretty cool.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Capn.... My laptop could easily play most games, its runningv NWN2 pretty good, but as I'm tricept deficident, and my setup only allows 1 handed use, I'm screwed.

Once I get back to my desktop, I'm gonna pick up the trackpro head tracker from edimenssional to help get a handle n controls. Flight sims and me got along and I wasn't to bad at MSFS... Now not so good
    well Brent, if I was close enough to ya buddy, I'd drag my butt over there and hook yer desktop up at your bed for you. with a large enough monitor, elevated above your toes, it is THE best way to while away the hours.
    when I broke my hips and then got the spare butthole, my computer kept me sane>relatively speaking, of course< trapped in bed.
    THat is why I got the plasma along with pain from looking sideways at a monitor beside the couch, and 'propping' on my mouse hand.
    Bed, plasma and trackball helped a lot.
    how is your wound coming along BTW?

Hi Capn,

I'm glad to hear that you have DSL... We just got it here in my area (rural suburbs?) last year and cable broadband 2 years ago. Everything's up to date in N. Central Florida.....

What you can do while waiting to get your copy of LO:MAC is check out Ironhand's turorial called "VIDEO :: Getting Started Part 2: The Mission"

Aircraft :: A-10
    Lock On version :: NONE NEEDED
    Description:::
    In this video (800x600) we fly the mission we created in Getting Started: Part 1. I try to keep it fairly simple, using the basic views and key commands. Instruction avoids more in depth topics such as the Armament Control Panel, release modes, etc. The goal is simply to get you up and flying, putting weapons on target without getting overly involved. Even so there will be times when, as a newcomer, you will want to pause or rewind.
    Included in the RAR file is a README, the mission itself for you to fly (V1.12a), and a document in Rich Text Format (RTF) that provides the key commands in roughly the order they were used.

Since this file is compressed with WinRar (a compression utility some of you might not have cheap access to), I've made it self-extracting. Just click on the downloaded file and it should ask you where you want it installed.

Should the video not play, you need to install the XviD codec. For some reason, FC did not install it during the installation process. You can download it here: XviD-1.1.0.

Download Size: 171 MB :: Runtime: 26:51
    It's the basics of getting the A-10 into the air and I believe landing it. It's just below the last link I posted in my last reply. And the best thing about it and most if not all of Ironhand's tutes are they are voice-over and he explains in detail while pointing out with the cursor what he's teaching. Plus they're just fun to watch and listen to!

You may want to check out the first "VIDEO :: Getting Started Part 1: The GUI and Mission Editor" but there are quite a few pre-made missions included in LO:MAC and dozens that you can download from the internet. A mission or .mis file is only around 15KBs... tiny.

I just found a new website that has tutorials on most of the Lock On aircraft... but only a few are voice-over... (just cancel that language box) I think the other ones are just the training missions straight out of LO:MAC v. 1.0. A fellow named Teka Teka from Japan does a lot of tweaking in LO:MAC's different internal files that allows you to change some things around and has uploaded these tutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PatonB
    Flight sims and me got along and I wasn't to bad at MSFS...
    The great thing about the MS line of flight and combat flight simulators was the ability to create and change things around. MS even offers a SDK kit that encourages it. You can download hundreds if not thousands of different cockpit panels (some photo-realistic, different flyable aircraft and skins etc., etc. and many are at Simviation. Plus they have forums for MSFS, MSFS '04, MSFS X, Combat Flight Simulator 1, 2 and 3 etc. I wish MS would produce a Modern Air Combat sim but I think they believe the market is too small for them.... plus they are very complicated to make. I found flying MSFS '04 so boring that I gave it away to the guy who installed my satellite dish!

I once flew in a Cessna 150 with my ex-brother-in-law from Gainesville FL to Key West and back and aside from the take-offs, refueling and landings it was boring. What a long day that was... and he wouldn't let me smoke in the cockpit. He said it might "gum" up the instruments! It was a freakin' rental. The bastard! It did get kinda exciting (scarey) when we got caught in a squall over the Gulf and I just knew that water was gonna get into the carburetor... the rain was a solid sheet. I was wondering how I was gonna get out if we had to ditch in the Gulf being that I was paralyzed and all. The 150s don't have retractable landing gear so I was expecting a tumble. Other than that flying is boring unless you're blowing shit up! Or performing formation flying.

LO:MAC has so locked up their code that very little can be done to change anything in the cockpit (English version on the Russian birds) but there are different exterior skins that can be downloaded and installed. It's best to use a program called Modman or Mod Manager (MOD MANAGER LOMAN 5) by Skypat at Lock On Files. Logon with my username bob_clark and password 123334 then to Downloads (left side of page) then to "Most Popular Downloads". Read up on it. But it will unzip and install any skin or mod that there is... well most are designed to be installed using Modman and it backs up your old files too. It's a great looking and working program that this fellow Skypat designed for Lock On. It does other things as well like fine tune tweaking of your Graphics Options etc. Very impressive piece of software especially for free!

That's about it fer know.

Verbosity Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Blog Entries
    downloading as we speak, Oh Verbose One
    I can't wait til it gets here, you are gonna be SO sick of me,lol.

I play silly games on www.POGO.com. I don't think it's as sophisticated as any of the stuff you guys play. And yes, I'm glad they don't have a timer on me, as I spend waaay too much time playing games.
    Rose
    http://www.myspace.com/roseoremus
    C6/C7 Complete, Asia A, since March 31, 2005.

I just found virtualNES.com while I was off work for a week. I could only make it to level 4 on Super Mario Brothers. lol ... but I swear I was addicted and wasted two hours last night!

I'm now on World 2, near the end. lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 01-20-2007 at 10:11 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My kids are playing Guitar Hero. It's sort of fun watching them...