Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gaming Addiction

Another

Although it's sixteen minutes past the midnight hour and so no longer the same day, I just replaced my fourth highest Pinball Score with a 13.7 mil. The past half a day has seen me improve two of my five highest high scores. I don't think I've ever done this well in the game in a single twelve hour period.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

MS Flight Simulator

I'd like to get MS Flight Simulator X. Many years ago I had a version of MS Flight Sim but gave up on it because of one thing....poor rudder control.

I'm a c4\5 quad and I type with a stick strapped to my right palm. I have an ancient CH 2 button joystick that I can use fine but trying to fight a crosswind using keyboard keys for rudder control is impossible.

I also use a kensington trackball which works great. I palm the ball with one hand and hover the other hand over the left click button. The trackball sits right between my chair's armrests. That takes care of instrument changes in the cockpit.

Any ideas on how to get decent rudder control? Landing is impossible if you have to bank the plane to adjust direction.

RickC

Gaming Attitude

This quote from James Berardinelli's review of "The Princess Bride" demonstrates, if nothing else, that Berardinalli's either a weak gamer or no gamer:

The Princess Bride is constructed as a story-within-a-story, with the framing scenes occurring in the "real world" as a grandfather (Peter Falk) stops by to read a story to his sick grandson (Fred Savage). During these scenes, Reiner makes a statement about the value of books over electronic forms of entertainment. When the grandfather arrives, his grandson is playing a video game, a blank expression on his face. But, once the story takes flight in his imagination, he is absorbed and transfixed – transported to another time and place in a way that even the best electronic game cannot accomplish.
    Any true gamer worth his optical mouse knows that you've got that blank look on your face because your concentration requires a sublime restraint from over-emoting. Every fiber of your being is focused on the excellence of your play; nothing can be spared for facial expressions. Until the game's over, that is.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Send In The Clowns- Judy Collins
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Send In The Clowns- Judy Collins
    Encore, encoure!

Quote:
    Oh, time is short and the days are sweet
    And passion rules the arrow that flies
    A million faces at my feet
    And all I see are dark eyes.
    Dark Eyes - Judy Collins

It never ceases to annoy and disturb me when shysters come in here under false pretenses to hawk their useless garbage.

Welcome to CareCure juliefittler.

I once knew a guy who had a cousin who met a man who was related to this woman by marriage whose sister's aquaintance stumbled upon an illegal alien from Paraguay and his brother hooked up with this shameless Internet spammer who once dialed a wrong number and chatted on the phone to a gal who developed a slight case of sciatica and needed to take a week off from work but she had sick days coming anyway so she didn't lose any money but she once knew a guy who had a cousin who met a man who was related to this woman by marriage whose sister's aquaintance stumbled upon an illegal alien from Paraguay and his brother hooked up with this shameless Internet spammer who once dialed a wrong number.....

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Just broke ten mil twice in the past six hours but could not break any of my high scores. The agony and the extasy, or the other way around.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Braggin rights

I just broke my 2nd highest high score on my "fast" pinball table with 23,619,500. That's my ninth highest score on the two tables - one, the "slower" on my HP and the other on my backup offline NEC; same game but it plays differently on the two PCs.

It's been many, many months since I broke one of my high scores and this is, ...well, gratifying.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Another HS on the fast table - I came within 2 mil of my last. No need to congratulate me.
    J.B.S.Haldane