Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Merry Christsmas to all of you. The church bells start to ring i three hours. As we say, ringing the Christmas in, and the whole Norway goes to the dinner table at 5 o'clock and starts to eat all the nice Christmas food and after that we open the presents.

So I wish you a peaceful Christmas.

I am not in the Christmas mood, there is no snow outside But I have some presents and the food is ready, I am eating the same as Leif this year for the first time, so I guess I am getting the Christmas feeling when it gets dark and I light the candles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOEDcOQcrI
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 12-24-2006 at 08:54 AM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    and the whole Norway goes to the dinner table at 5 o'clock and starts to eat all the nice Christmas food and after that we open the presents.
    I think the big national drinking competition also starts somewhere around that time

Have a nice Christmas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    I think the big national drinking competition also starts somewhere around that time

Have a nice Christmas too.
    I have beer and aquavit, too I have decide to go canapas tonight because there is no children here

My small one was singing this song solo in the catolic school a week ago.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Bah Humbug.

No, that is the truth. Christmas Eve is the day the usual Norwegian drinks more than ever. That's why we don't eat Christmas Lunch before 2 o'cock tomorrow and everybody has a hangover
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    No, that is the truth. Christmas Eve is the day the usual Norwegian drinks more than ever. That's why we don't eat Christmas Lunch before 2 o'cock tomorrow and everybody has a hangover
    I think Bah Humbug means something else here, like the Holiday season is hyped. Also to add some here; the Christmas tree tradition for instance was not consider a Christian ting at all in the start, it was more banned by the Church actually, but after the Christmas star (star of Bethlehem) formed as a cross was introduced the tradition was more and more accepted to become a Christmas tradition, first by the upper class of the society then by the rest in most homes. Also, maybe if our Norse ancestors had known what we know today maybe they had stuck to their old belief, it probably couldn’t have been much worse than all the religions that has popped out from the Middle East and what those religions have created

I’m happy tough, as long as I can eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of good drinks

I don't celebrate Christmas, I am celebrating jòl, the sun is turning and the days are getting longer. But I am going to look tv and see Sølvguttene anyway. It is more a tradition for me since I do not believe in God and Jesus even if my small one is going on the catholic school.

So I drink and eat like the vikings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
    TH 12, 43 years post

Smile

Merry Christmas and a good day to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by murrey
    Merry Christmas and a good day to you all!
    A good day it is, Dylan is often right, many times more than even the Holy Pope is up to cope with. I bet, even the superior Pope sometimes listen to the “under the horizon”. Still, wish the Pope a nice time in his money bank during the Holidays counting his money.

Merry Christmas to you too.