Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Anybody love eighties music?

Daisy,Jeff,

Don't show your age, I'm ummm 47, and I still remeber Deliverance, I'm almost sure I didn't have a license. I think, uhhhhhhhh????? Yeah now I remember, we rode our bikes to the Movie theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Jazzy, Daisy, Deliverance is a classic...and the soundtrack is great and timeless as, unfortunately, is a major componet of the theme. On the other hand, w/o the adversity, as ugly as it gets in some of its aspects, we'd lack the emotional climate in which the courage and beauty of the human spirit makes so impressive an appearance.
    But still, did you hear Ned Beatty squeal like a pig?

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel
    Daisy,Jeff,

Don't show your age, I'm ummm 47, and I still remeber Deliverance, I'm almost sure I didn't have a license. I think, uhhhhhhhh????? Yeah now I remember, we rode our bikes to the Movie theater.
    I was ummm only 4 when the original came out!!!! LOL But it is still one of my favorite movies filmed just a few minutes from where I live....no comments Juke ... LOL

I lived too far out to ride a bike anywhere....LOL except to the swimming hole down in the creek....

Anyway...back to the "never forgotten" 80's!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Daisy,
    The theater was 10 miles away, and ugh,,,,, back then you didn't need to lock up your bike. Old Fart or What?? I could have gone in back of me and even took one of the horses, or my dirt bike, hitch hike,,,,no cars were at a minimum, then.

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel
    Daisy,
    The theater was 10 miles away, and ugh,,,,, back then you didn't need to lock up your bike. Old Fart or What?? I could have gone in back of me and even took one of the horses, or my dirt bike, hitch hike,,,,no cars were at a minimum, then.
    Oh I know...our little town has changed also. We used to go all over town in the early 80's but I was afraid to let my daughter out when she got into high school. I have lived on the same street for 28 years. It has really changed. My dad lived on the same street since he was 1.5 and passed away in 2002.

I guess you could say I have some pretty deep roots LOL....

Meth has a big hold here or did before they changed the laws about selling OTC drugs....Most of our crimes are meth related. Hence my apprehension about letting her run around town like I did.

My best friend used to ride her bike to my house from about 5 miles out. It is very dangerous to ride a bicycle here now with the traffic, mountains, and curves as everyone is in such a hurry to get somewhere. LOL

I dont think it is going to get better...my grandparents house was leveled a couple of months ago and the people who bought it and leveled it are putting 22 condos in right next to me....it is dangerous to cross the road in front of my house...LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Are people stuck in a 1981-83 warp??

I think the only ones who had mullets and wore tight Jordache jeans beyond 82' were mostly white "Heads" (or pre-Springer Sapiens).

Fluorescent and parachute anything were a day late and a dollar short, in even trying to be wannabe "in", mostly adorned by those types who thought that roach clips and headbands were still hip, and flat pantiline creased smiling asses on tight designer jeans were sexy.

The 80's were very innovative and robust with creative expression, from fashion to music, which are still setting trends today. Nothing really goes "out of style", they only evolve - mostly adapt, modified and get recycled.

The grunge of the 90's were carried over from the 80's; the "punk" and goth trends evolving from 80's, but remaining uncreative and stagnant since; today's funk and hip-hop, palsy and redundant renditions too afraid to experiment and cowering in tits n ass in safe resignation...

The artificial suburbia manufactured by Hughes (usually with tired styles not often seen outside the malls of burbia), or the unimaginative tube quick to resort to the worst and most obvious stereotype that does less to capture, than it does to impose....

do/did people get out much?

Huges lovers... don't get your official Breakfast Club Member panties in a bunch. The movie is still a *cough* classic
    Last edited by chick; 12-29-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Are people stuck in a 1981-83 warp??

I think the only ones who had mullets and wore tight Jordache jeans beyond 82' were mostly white "Heads" (or pre-Springer Sapiens).

Fluorescent and parachute anything were a day late and a dollar short, in even trying to be wannabe "in", mostly adorned by those types who thought that roach clips and headbands were still hip, and flat pantiline creased smiling asses on tight designer jeans were sexy.

The 80's were very innovative and robust with creative expression, from fashion to music, which are still setting trends today. Nothing really goes "out of style", they only evolve - mostly adapt, modified and get recycled.

The grunge of the 90's were carried over from the 80's; the "punk" and goth trends evolving from 80's, but remaining uncreative and stagnant since; today's funk and hip-hop, palsy and redundant renditions too afraid to experiment and cowering in tits n ass in safe resignation...

The artificial suburbia manufactured by Hughes (usually with tired styles not often seen outside the malls of burbia), or the unimaginative tube quick to resort to the worst and most obvious stereotype that does less to capture, than it does to impose....

do/did people get out much?

Huges lovers... don't get your official Breakfast Club Member panties in a bunch. The movie is still a *cough* classic

OK Ckick0,
    At the risk of lowering already bottomed out perceptions of the great white hope here
    I never KNEW it was called a mullet until about 2002. I never had the TYPICAL mullet, but every now and then my long, same length hair was cut by an occasional gf to make the front part shorter than the back.
    If she had to look at me, I figured she could cut it her way. Even had one who cut it to just touching my collar once as I was doing some things that a long-hair would be 'profiled' and pulled over for. She was worried they would bury me under the jail.
    As far as parachute pants... I actually BOUGHT a pair for dancing in when I was in the navy as the girls seemed to like the look they gave(THOSE were the days). AND, believe it or not, when I got married in 92, my wife bought me a black pair FOR the wedding ceremony,lol. Something about rubbing on them....
    Now these were not my preferences, be it KNOWN, but I always figured if you lived with me, I was YOUR toy, that's the kinda guy I am.
    Who can complain.....

ps I saw a pic of SOMEBODY with a black thong looking pair of undies in another thread.... they just revealed enough to make me forget the topic was about REALLY important stuff. Just goes to show you should read ALL topics, never know when someone will give an otherwise dull day a boost

DD, watching the top 20 vids of the 80s on VH1 classic -- thinking of you LOL

RunDMC vs Aerosmith is on now....

Lol @ the idea of CapnGimp being anyone's toy

Well, I think this guy from the mediocre 80's band A Flock Of Seagulls had the worst hair in the eighties...in fact, I'd say it's the worst hair in history, wouldn't you?

I actually have A Flock of Seagulls on the pod

i shall go hang my head in shame....and hide in the corner for the bored night of makeup and aqua-net during high school.... who said "oh!! lets do FOS hairdos!!"