Thread: parking in a handicapped spot

parking in a handicapped spot

Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

It's too bad most people just pay the fine and continue to park in handicap spots. the judge with the creative sentencing
    Daniel

Much better than the fine.. Too bad the majority of judges see $$$ for the city.. That's if the tickets get written to begin with. that judge.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

On the local news last night there was coverage about enforcing handicap parking. They said they checked 100 and wrote 5 tickets. I would have thought it would have been more than that. One guy they interviewed getting a ticket was handicapped, just that his placard had expired. Now thats really enforcing.

Today I went to have my wife park in a handicap parking spot but this van was blocking the only 2 spots left and he was just waiting for someone so I beeped my horn just for him to pull up and then there would still be room for him , and there was a cop right there my wife almost hit his van she missed it by about 1 inch and I we were both out of the car before the person he was waiting for even came out , even the cop said he should of moved up and if we couldn't park he was going over to tell him to move up , we were out of the store before the person he was waiting for even came out of the store , Now I think he was in the wrong ? an other thing I saw yesterday , something I've never seen before , a regular Motorcycle with handicap parking plate ,I could see if it was a 3 wheeler but this was a regular motorcycle!
    Last edited by LBUSH49; 12-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Concerning the regular motorcycle...maybe the owner has a handicap that is not visible, like a heart condition, or even a birth defect like mine. I probably COULD ride a motorcycle, if I wanted to, but I do not want to...

Not all handicaps are visable...and not all disabled folks use wheelchairs...just a gentle reminder...

Teena

I didn't see the person , all I saw was the motorcycle , and this was the first time I had ever seen one I just hadn't seen one before , I'm not saying the person wasn;t handicaped , it even could of been the spouce who was handicaped , I'm not saying that they weren't handicaped that's all

thanks Larry...I'm just trying to help...

Teena