Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Son Was Discharged & We're Having A Rough Time

Bob,
    Did any of his therapists show you or your family exercises and stretching that you can do with your son at home? I know it's hard to find the time to fit that in, but it's very important that he be stretched and exercised at home - I found that out with my sister.

It was amazing within a week after learning the correct stretches and doing them with her for 30 mins 2 times a day how much more flexible she was and how much less pain she had, esp in her arms and shoulders.

Heidi

Bob,
    Let your nephew know that I am a 5'9" 36 year old woman and I move my husband eveyday to and from his bed and standing frame. I use to work in a nursing home about 7 years ago and still was scared the first time I had to move my husband. I was worried that I may not be strong enough or that I would drop him on the floor, but you do what you have too. I am very proud of your daughter and you for stepping up and helping. I know it is tough but I know you will make it through it.

Also, don't ever wait on her to call you. She always needs help and never has time to make the calls. I found that out the hard way. My mom always wants to know how things are going, but I never havethe time to call her. It's not that I don't want to, either there is no time or pure exhaustion has set in. My husband just came home on the 9 of Dec and if his mom had not moved in with us I would be insane. I also have a 16 and 6 year old and they are even asked to do anything I can give them to do, even cook dinner. They understand that family sticks together and does what needs to be done. It has gotten a little easier but I am a teacher and will be returning back to work on Jan 8.

Please tell your daughter to hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Tonya