Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W/C Cushions with a FAN!!!

I've had it over a year and sit on it for 6 months. I switch from time to time to my roho then to my stimulite. The Stimulite just kills my butt sitting on it all day. I do pressure reliefs but it still doesn't help me.

Brilliant idea! Not sure how it is for pressure relief, but now you can fart and someone on the other side of the room will get blamed for it.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye
    Brilliant idea! Not sure how it is for pressure relief, but now you can fart and someone on the other side of the room will get blamed for it.
    It would be great if it was only more softer. Yeah it will blow the farts out....lol It might be great for someone else but my bottom is to skinny and sore for sitting almost 10 years now on it. I can't believe it will be 10 years this August. I was told I'd be walking by 5 years after my accident and no later then 10 years. Looking like they going to say another 10 more years you might move a fingers. I need a good cushion that you don't have to adjust.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Blow it out your arse"

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach
    how long did you give the Stimulite? It was hard for me too...but after a week it softened up...just wondering.
    I tried a Stimulite cushion... for about a minute. I wasn't going to trust my butt to that rock for any longer than that.

I was seriously amazed at how hard the damn thing was. Do you still use one? I just can't imagine that anyone at risk of developing pressure sores would use one of those cushions. Does anyone else here use one?

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I tried a Stimulite cushion... for about a minute. I wasn't going to trust my butt to that rock for any longer than that.

I was seriously amazed at how hard the damn thing was. Do you still use one? I just can't imagine that anyone at risk of developing pressure sores would use one of those cushions. Does anyone else here use one?

C.
    Yup still use it...I have had no issues...it took some breaking in time...which I knew going into it...so I used it for a while...then transfered onto my ailing Roho (had a slow leak)...but after about a week it was good...I have had no issues...and it keeps me dry in the summer months...no sores at all. The roho was fine...but I just was not stable on it...I felt as though I was going to fall out of my chair all of the time...and the jay cushions made me feel like I crapped my pants all the time. This cushion was the best for me. I guess the old saying is true...what works for one may not work for another...that includes cushions I guess.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by PwMS
    W/C Cushions with a FAN!!!

I wanted to share my satisfaction with this product in case you too might be interested

I am a full time wheelchair user due to MS and have been using one of these cushions for several months now. I am extremely pleased with its ability to greatly reduce moisture from my bum. (It is very comfortable as well.)

More information can be found here: www.airerx.com
    i am no longer able to use the cushion as it has suddenly become too hard. maybe i have lost more butt cheek muscle? i'll try it again in a few months. i loved it for the first few months.

. Does anyone else here use one?

C.
    I believe that super-crip guy has one, he really likes it and pushes it a lot (sorry, forget the nic right now, so going with the 'other' nic )

I say we vote Tigger as our official cushion tester, nothing like working sensory ass nerves. Tigger, do you have any experience with the J2's? I'd be kind of curious how that would feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I say we vote Tigger as our official cushion tester, nothing like working sensory ass nerves.
    You'd think that the fact that I have some sensation in my butt would have helped prevent a pressure sore, but I've actually gotten too good at ignoring pain.

do you have any experience with the J2's? I'd be kind of curious how that would feel.
    I had to look that up. I've tried so many different cushions in the past few years, I've forgotten what half of them were. To answer your question, no, I don't think I've tried the J2. I used the Jay Xtreme for a while and I think it contributed to my pressure sore. I've been told by two different therapists that gel cushions are NOT great for people with skin issues.

The best cushions I've ever used have been home made using layered foam from this company. We use a firmer foam for the bottom layer and then the pudgee on top of that with a cutout at the back. Better for my skin than regular foam and better for my back than a gel cushion.

C.

You'd think that the fact that I have some sensation in my butt .
    Yeah, but Tigger's butt is better than yours, (no, I'm not gay, lol). He said normal sensation. From what I gathered some sort of gel cushion is supposedly best as they accomplish 'flotation' of your rear, kind of like a water bed. I know on bikes they make gel seats which supposedly help a lot keeping the sore ass syndrome down from the usual foam seats on them. Those are harder foam though, so who knows.