Thread: Elevated heart rate

Arrow Elevated heart rate

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been unable to tolerate sleeping on my left side. When I do, my heart rate jumps to about 105 and I become slightly dizzy and short of breath. When I return to my back, my heart rate falls to about 75 and the dizziness and shortness of breath go away.

I've also been experiencing greatly increased spacticity -- in my legs and abdomen. I've been on Macrobid for a symptomatic UTI for about 10 days, but other than that nothing has changed in terms of meds/food/life.

Any ideas what's causing these things?

^ heart rate, dizziness, shortness of breath, ^ spasms can happen if your thyroid is overactive. The laying on the left side bit is odd though.

You might have them check your thyroid. Good luck.

I would call your doctor/nure and let the know and make an appointment and if it gets worse, go to the emergency room.

CWO

Went to the doctor today and had a blood workup (pending) and an EKG (normal). Doctor changed my antibiotic and will wait to see how I respond. Thanks for the replies!

Clipper,
    If you continue to have the elevated heart rate at times it could be PAT (paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, and could be checked out by wearing a portable heart monitor (Holter monitor) for 24 hours or so. Deb