Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuck, I feel awful today

Yuck, I feel awful today

I have been fighting an obnoxious headache for 4 days that is likely a leftover of my terrifically impressive skull fracture a few months back (hard to believe it's been 3 months) and now today I am sooooo nauseous. That can be a result of a head injury too, so I'm just miserable and can't really do much about it. Phenergan has helped a little, but not enough.

It's really hard to be a caregiver when you yourself feel like crap, you know? Thank goodness we have a PCA now, but she isn't here 24/7 of course, and my fireball of a kid has endless energy, so it's hard to keep up. Also, I simply can't concentrate enough to work so I am feeling guilty about that too. I am falling further and further behind which stresses me out to no end.

Blagh, it's just a tough day today. It'll be better tomorrow right? (I hear refrains of "the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar ..." )

Trying to hang in there and maintain a sense of humor about all of this,

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami, you are a saint. All your compassion and hard work will pay off! Make sure to take some time off for a little nap or meditation--whatever makes you relax.
    "Leela, you look beautiful. Incidentally, my favorite artist is Picasso."

(((thanks Dave))) I am certainly no saint, or a perhaps a saint with a very crooked crown, lol! Just a regular girl trying to get by I always say ... I already feel better just putting it down in words here, it helps so much to bitch and moan to an "appreciative" audience, so to speak. ETA: I am going to take your advice and watch an episode of Law and Order or Without a Trace .... that always is a great diversion for me ... a guilty pleasure.

Ami

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, There's always Tomorrow
    It's Only A Day A-Wayyyyy!

Feel better.

Ami, headaches really suck. Get well soon
    Daniel

Ami....Ami....Ami.....

If anyone deserves wonder woman's suit...it is certainly you. I hope you feel better soon!!!! Chad is a lucky fella..... Hang in there...maybe Santa will bring a surprise or two!

((((hugs))))
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Hang in there Ami. Attachment 12837
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Ami... (((((Hugs))))).
    I feel lousy today too.... a cold... can't breathe.... coughing.... I'm paranoid about infecting Don and so I stay away from him as much as I can. I did go and workout this AM and it actually made me feel better but now I just want to go sleep.
    I'm hoping Santa is good to you this year....

Sieg

It's really hard to be a caregiver when you yourself feel like crap, you know?
    I know. Feel better Ami and Sieg!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Quote Originally Posted by ergvepeog
    Ami... (((((Hugs))))).
    I feel lousy today too.... a cold... can't breathe.... coughing.... I'm paranoid about infecting Don and so I stay away from him as much as I can. I did go and workout this AM and it actually made me feel better but now I just want to go sleep.
    I'm hoping Santa is good to you this year....

Sieg
    Workout while sick? OK, I am SO passing my saint crown to you (... good riddance, too much pressure, lol ). But yeah, when I'm infectious I am a total freak about staying away as much as possible. When Small Boy has even the hint of a cold, off he goes to grandma's or his dad's house until he is 100% well for at least 48 hours. And then I obsessively scrub the house and bed with Lysol and scrubbed my hands about 10 times an hour! Hope that you're feeling better soon, and thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. Having coffee with Dan_nc tomorrow, that should cheer me up as he is a super guy.

Ami